GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,682
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, zahaeymaarley89
» Online Users: 922
1 members and 921 guests
zahaeymaarley89

Old 08-05-2004, 01:00 PM
peanutttu

Ex-boyfriend confusion

So I get a text message at 12:45am this morning from my ex. He broke things off with me about 3 weeks ago. This is the first contact we have had since breaking up. His text message was in reference to an email I had sent his roommate (a girl whom i'm friends with). In his text he asked for me to call him, so I did. Why? I don't know....

We talked for 2 hours about everything and clarified a few things. The break up came out of nowhere and it took me by complete shock. He says he misses me and what not and he thinks of me often. He never said the exact words- 'I want us to get back together.' - but he would not get off the phone with me. He kept calling me babe and sweetie. I have no beef with him nor am I enemies with him.

He had a party this past saturday and he said the he had hoped that I was going to show up. Why in the hell I would show up to my ex-boyfriends party, I have no idea?!?!

I guess I'm just confused and not really sure what to think of all of this!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-05-2004, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: having a sit sit while lusting after Olympic swimmers
this is not meant to be rude... but was he drunk or had he been drinking last night?

the liquid confidence builder always gets people to do things they might not normally do.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:22 PM
peanutttu

Quote:
Originally posted by mullet81
this is not meant to be rude... but was he drunk or had he been drinking last night?

the liquid confidence builder always gets people to do things they might not normally do.
lol!!!!!!! no, he was not. he had softball last night and does not drink on softball nights.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

A song dedication to peanutttu

Listen to what dear Lauryn Hill has to say. I just had a conversation with a friend this morning about how women need to hear this song when dealing with men.

Ex-factor

It could all be so simple
But you’d rather make it hard
Loving you is like a battle
And we both end up with scars
Tell me, who I have to be
To get some reciprocity see
No one loves you more than me
And no one ever will

Is this just a silly game
That forces you to act this way
Forces you to scream my name
Then pretend that you can’t stay
Tell me, who I have to be
To get some reciprocity see
No one loves you more than me
And no one ever will

Hook:
No matter how I think we grow
You always seem to let me know
It ain’t workin’
It ain’t workin’
And when I try to walk away
You’d hurt yourself to make me stay
This is crazy
This is crazy

I keep letting you back in
How can I explain myself
As painful as this thing has been
I just can’t be with no one else
See I know what we got to do
You let go and I’ll let go too
’cause no one’s hurt me more than you
And no one ever will

Repeat hook

Care for me, care for me
I know you care for me

There for me, there for me
Said you’d be there for me

Cry for me, cry for me
You said you’d die for me

Give to me, give to me
Why won’t you live for me
(repeat)
Old 08-05-2004, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi. My ex kind of did the same type of break up out of the blue like that. I pined over him for awhile trying to figure out *WHY* and I came to the conclusion that he was simply not worth it. Anyone who breaks your heart out of the blue and you have to ask why is not worth it. You are a better person than that. I know a lot of the GC guys will say females play games but guys are capable of playing games too. And as humans I think we all want what we can't have. Oh, also, I have had so many guys tell me that guys being guys, even if they have no intention of "getting back" with you they will keep you in their life anyways, because there is "always a chance" they can make you into a booty call until something better comes along if you get my drift. Take it from someone who has been there and don't take yourself down the hurtful road, move on now............
Old 08-05-2004, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

It sounds like he expected you to be at that party. You gave him a reality check that you're not the type of girl that plays games. He iniated the break up and it sounds like he's having regrets. It sounds like you've already have moved on with your life and without him..
Old 08-05-2004, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wrigley
It sounds like he expected you to be at that party. You gave him a reality check that you're not the type of girl that plays games. He iniated the break up and it sounds like he's having regrets. It sounds like you've already have moved on with your life and without him..
Sounds about right. wrigley- may I call you Dr. Phil?
Old 08-05-2004, 01:40 PM
peanutttu

Quote:
Originally posted by wrigley
I even asked him, 'why would i show up at your party?'. he never really gave me an answer. yes, i have moved on, but we broke up a little over 3 weeks ago and it was a realtionship that got too serious too quickly. It was him that moved the realtionship quickly and I put on the brakes (somewhat). I wasn't ready for it yet, but soon got caught up in the whirlwind. So, yes I have moved on in a sense, and I wanted the ball in my court to contact him when I felt the desire to contact him. Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way and so all of his feelings were put back out there.

At the time when we broke up, he had a lot of stress (outside of the relationship) on his plate. I sometimes wondered how he handled all of it. As he said last night, he ran away from it. I think (as sad as it sounds) I was the easiest thing to run from and now he regrets it. He knows that he made the wrong decision.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IowaStatePhiPsi
Sounds about right. wrigley- may I call you Dr. Phil?

The name is Wrigley. Dr. Wrigley Lol.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Go slow. If you still care for/love him, give him the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t just give it to him automatically. It sounds to me like he is trying to manipulate you a little. If you really have moved on, stay moved on. I’ll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself, because they are not very nice… lol.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:40 PM
peanutttu

Quote:
Originally posted by bethany1982
Go slow. If you still care for/love him, give him the opportunity to earn your trust. Don’t just give it to him automatically. It sounds to me like he is trying to manipulate you a little. If you really have moved on, stay moved on. I’ll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself, because they are not very nice… lol.

LOL! There is no way in hell he would get my trust back automatically. If he wants to chase me then, so be it. He's got a lot to show to me that he wants me back - if that is what he's trying to do. In the meantime, I'm going to keep moving forward with my life. Its just frustrating b/c I had put all of this behind me and moved on, yet now its all thrown back out in my face!
Old 08-05-2004, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AWJDZ
girl....lets get together for drinks and share stories! I am going through the same thing right now. My relationship w/ my guy lasted almost 4 years and all 4 where long distance. (granted we did go to college together and were friends before, we just started dating after we graduated and he moved 250 miles away!) I am just as lost. I love the boy to death, but this wishy washy stuff is killing me! What makes it harder is the fact he is not here and its hard to talk and sort stuff out. The 4 years we were together, it was great. We really did our best with the distance...but after graduating, having steady jobs, and dating for 4 years...there is a next step, right? I don't think he has figured that out yet. You'll get through it....
Old 08-05-2004, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AshleyPi
Sign me up for those margaritas. I'm going through the same kind of thing except we just totally broke it off (after four years) and I just got a call from his best friend inviting me to a party they're throwing on Saturday. Sigh. I think he has hurt me enough.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

"The CIA ain't got $^*% on a woman with a plan"

Have you seen that movie "Two Can Play That Game" w/ Vivica Fox?

Great movie!

I love watching it.. esp. after a breakup.

Last edited by texas*princess; 08-05-2004 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh my, I feel like I could have written your post.

My advice............RUN AWAY. VERY FAST.

I didn't, and the guy is still playing games with my head (and heart).