GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,643
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, zaashleypitoz20
» Online Users: 876
1 members and 875 guests
Craigwex

Old 01-21-2012, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGa View Post
Hi guys,

Here's the thing though, I was looking at all the fraternities in the IFC, and all the brothers seem predominantly from the same background - caucasian and southern, and I'm neither.

So my question is this(and hope I don't sound like a total noob):
Is the reason for this lack of diversity that IFC fraternities actively don't accept Asians/Indians/Latinos? Or is it because there aren't any Asian/Indian/Latinos rushing in the first place?

What'sup guys? Sorry I haven't updated in a while. As you probably know its rush week so things were a little...rushed

Anyway, I went to formal rush, and met a ton of great guys and got invited back out to 5 really good fraternities, and this whole week I've been checking them out.

Although I didn't get the chance to see them all, I have gotten to know 3, and got a bid at all of them. Like Jazing said, the bid room is a very special experience, and they all have different ways of giving out bids. One was casual and friendly, another was formal and polite, and another was like a small ceremony. All were great experiences

Before I rushed, I was super nervous because -
1. Like I said, I'm not southern or caucasian like the majority of greek guys here
2. I'm not a freshman
3. I had little to no connection to Greek life

But I went to rush parties, tried to be myself and have fun as much as possible, and thankfully people seemed to like me! I still have some questions that I'd be really grateful if you guys could help me with -

Do Greeks usually attend each others' parties/maintain friendships with other fraternities?

The bid card signing ceremony at UGA is tomorrow, if I pick one of the 3 who have given me bids, will the other 2 hate me? I just want to know what to expect

Thanks for your time again guys!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-21-2012, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGa View Post
The bid card signing ceremony at UGA is tomorrow, if I pick one of the 3 who have given me bids, will the other 2 hate me?
Glad to hear things are going well for you!

No, they will not hate you. They may be surprised and/or a little hurt if they felt you were really a sure thing and then you go elsewhere, but it happens every year to lots of guys.

Will they still want to hang out? Well, they are going to focus on hanging out with and getting to know the guys who DO pledge their fraternity. However, you may be able to stay in touch with guys you've met who you have other things in common with, i.e. they are in your classes and stuff like that.