GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Kappa
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,542
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, bannetaestolzea
» Online Users: 2,219
1 members and 2,218 guests
g41965

Old 08-02-2004, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
so i had an interesting weekend myself. first of all i have a second interview with the community college here in my area to be a recruiter for them. i interview tomorrow so wish me luck.

second, i went to a church picinic with my mom on sat. and had a blast. i got to play with a baby raccoon that some lady is raising. so cute and so sweet! i LOVE animls so it was right up my ally. after that i went to work for a bit then out for the evening with my cousin (who btw, might become an alumnae initiate). even with all the drama that was going on, i had a good time. it may have been b/c i was completely trashed, but whatever. i even got to go for a ride on a harley with the deputy chief of police. ladies, i've decided men in uniform are REALLY sexy. even though he wasn't in uniform, he's still a cutie. i called him today and left a message saying thanks for the ride and to give me a call. 5 minutes later he called my cell and we chatted for a while. (mind you he's at work!) looks like i'm getting another ride soon.

oh and let's not get into the age thing on here ladies, i'm 24. trust me, i know what you mean about feeling old. i'm going to be 25 in oct.

shelley j
sigma k
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-02-2004, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

GOOD LUCK SHELLEY J!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CASIGKAP
SigKapAlumWSU-

I'm 25 & I'm moving in as an active. I rushed late b/c it was always something I wanted to do & I figured that even if I didn't get in, at least I'd know I tried. I was amazed that age ISjust a #. I decided to move into the house b/c I have to have that particular experience. I want it all! Anyway, can I ask why you're moving into the house? Are you a house mom? It is sometimes weird thinking that I'm hanging out with 18 year old but there are ladies in their 20's too (21-23). Also, maturity is also something that's not age limited. I see mature 18 year olds & extremely immature 25 year olds so there you go. Have-Fun!
Well, I originally pledged when I was a freshman and 18, but after that I took a couple years off of school, helped re-found an alumna chapter, and returned to school after 2 years out. I spent a year as a very active alum and then petitioned the chapter to reactivate, which they wholeheartedly let me do. I unfortunately went active at the same time that my original pledge class was going alum, so it was hard to get back in the swing of things not really knowing a whole lot of people. I have been living in the chapter house the entire time I've been an active member. October will mark 7 years as a member and I am lucky enough to be used as a resource by the girls as far as traditions, chapter operations, and just general Sigma Kappa and Greek knowledge.

I love all the girls; they let me act their age when I need it, and I let them act my age when they need it. It think it's just hard sometimes because we are at different stages of life and want different things sometimes, but it truley has been the best experience for me. I wouldn't trade my sisters (no matter what age) for anything.

My nickname is BC (because of my last name) and the joke around the house goes that I've a Sigma Kappa for so long, I must have joined when the year was B.C. !
Old 08-02-2004, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

It was weird b/c only a few of the girls knew I was 24 going into it. They knew I was a junior though so they figured me for 20 or 21. It's flattering to think I look young b/c I've also been told that when I put my hair into a ponytail, I look all of 18! YAY! I'm lucky to have good genes in my family that allow the women in my family to look years younger.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

So I'm a little sad & excited at the same time.

First I'm excited b/c I'm moving out. I get to be on my own away from my mom & my bossy older sisters. It sucks to be child #7 out of 8. Not only that, I'm girl #6 out of 7 daughters my mom had. Everything I do, someone else has already done it so I can't ever get away with anything. However, I'm packing & getting ready to leave this week.

Now I'm sad b/c yesterday, my mom took me to breakfast & didn't lecture. Instead, she said she understood that all children have to eventually make lives of their own & that all she can do is hope she raised me right & that I'll make smart choices. My mom has never been a very emotional person & she RARELY if ever shows affection so hearing this from her was hard.
She kept trying to buy me stuff at Target to make sure I had everything I could posibly need for the move. Last night, it must have been like 11:20 pm & she all of a sudden woke me up to tell me to take some toilet paper & soap in case the house didn't have any yet. It was weird but nice.

I better get back to packing.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
I'm hungry. And I hate doing laundry. And I don't want to work today. I need to win the lottery.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

My neighbor is being returned from the hospital today with 3-6 months left to live. This is not good. He's a great man & I feel so bad for his wife & daughters.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigKapSmurf
OOO I 'm so sorry to hear about your neighbor, believe me I have been in that situation before, actually too many times. I will keep him in my thought and prayers and all you can do is hope ofr the best!!
Old 08-19-2004, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

so today was so so.

got up nice and early (7:15) to go shooting with my uncle and cousin. shot off about 150 rounds on my 9mm carbeen rifle. had a good time. unfortunately, i was being distracted b/c i was waiting for a phone call from mr. deputy chief to see if we were going to get together this afternoon for coffee.

so after shooting i had to run over to the doctor's office for my "fun dr.'s appt." (yall know what i mean). on the way i got the call i was waiting for and of course no coffee with mr. deputy chief. so i went into my appt. a lil depressed.

so after my appt. i had to go back over to my uncle's and clean my gun (boring but necessary). while i was there i got a phone call telling me i didn't get this certain job i had interviewed for.

oh and finally, my friend broke plans with me to spend time with her fiance instead of going to a movie with me (knowing i needed some cheering up).

well, that's my fun lil day.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 08-19-2004, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by alphaiota

oh and finally, my friend broke plans with me to spend time with her fiance instead of going to a movie with me (knowing i needed some cheering up).

well, that's my fun lil day.

shelley j
sigma k
I've had this happen. My friend always did this to me b/c she had important things to do with her fiance. Now that she's married, we still hang out but when I talk about my relationship w/my boyfriend, she makes snotty comments about how it's so different when you're married. She always tries to put me down for not being married.
However, at least I'm almost getting my college degree while she dropped out of community college 3 times already!
Old 08-19-2004, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

luckily this isn't a norm for her. and we have rescheduled for tomorrow night. i definately need as much time occupied so i don't think about mr. deputy chief. hell if i can even figure out why i'm so hot for him.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 08-22-2004, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
ok, so i've got an interview tomorrow and a career fair on tuesday. keep your fingers crossed!!!

One Heart One Way. . .
Old 08-22-2004, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

So I had a great time last night at the bar, and got to see a whole bunch of people I hadn't seen in a while, but I apparently got pretty stupid last night. I woke up this morning and I can't find my cell anywhere!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

now that's the sign of a crazy night. party like a rockstar!!!!

well this weekend was fun. i went to to lunch with my friend and got to see her daughter (4 1/2 months old and oh so cute). i also went to see the princess diary 2 with one of my other friends.

on sat. i bummed around most of the day. (oh so nice to do once in a while) then work, dinner with my dad (father daughter date night) then club with my cousin. major drama at the club. the police ended up being called to break up a fight. no arrests though. this is the biggest drama i've seen since i started going there about 6 months ago.

so on my way home from the club i got pulled over and had to do a field sobriety test and breathalizer. my knees almost buckled b/c i was so scared. i passed just fine (.02 and legal limit is .08), but boy was i scared. i just got a warning for speeding. crazy night!

shelley j
sigma k
Old 08-23-2004, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kallima
My roommates cat just got sick and she wouldn't wake up to clean it... guess who got stuck with that wonderful job?? Yeah, me...

Classes start tomorrow... and so begins the semester of hell. I will be going from work, to class and back to work... and then back to class. And soon I will start my days with observation hours...
I can't wait until december... at least then I know its almost over. Spring semester I only have to take 2 classes.. and next summer I can start looking for a job... will have my teaching license by next december...

Now if only I could get some sleep...