GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Chi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,555
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annetausasdy968
» Online Users: 2,144
1 members and 2,143 guests
FrankJScott

Old 05-29-2008, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Philanthropy

I just took over the philanthropy chair here at the Central Missouri chapter and I was wondering what some of the successful philanthropies you guys put on are? I'm putting together a Dunk-A-Delta philanthropy this fall during one of the new student fairs at the school. Basically we're bringing the Delta Zetas in with us to do a dunk-tank that we're going to also use as a recruitment event, we're sending our half of the money into the Jimmy V Foundation. Other philanthropies we put on are a Easter egg hunt with the Boys and Girls Club in the Spring and a Kick-Balls to Save Balls tournament for the Jimmy V Foundation. Anyways if anyone has some cool ideas let me know cause we're trying to bring the chapter back to life and I think if we can get our name out there in a positive way we can make Delta Chi one of the biggest fraternities on campus.

Thanks guys,
Andrew Wells
-The Dragon Slayer
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-23-2009, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

At Missouri State, we put together a Powder Puff Flag Football Tournament in the fall. The sororities usually send a couple of teams each and its an all day event. Recently we've been going after non-greeks also. It helps to get sponsored drinks/food/DJ/Trophies. Each team is assigned a coach from our chapter and work with them before up-to the day of. We also ref the games and sell shirts on the side. We usually raise around $1000 every year and its always a good time.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Really old thread, but the lack of activity on our board pains me...

We do an annual golf tournament in the spring for Jimmy V. This year we raised a good amount of money considering the economy. We want to keep the golf tournament but do an event for Jimmy V in the fall that is more student focused.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

We at Stephen F. Austin , do a golf tournament in the spring also. I am the newly elected philantropy chair and i was also thinking about contacing campus rec and asking if we can use the gym for a basketball tournament as well. I would also like to hear some new ideas
Old 10-20-2009, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Also don't forget to check out this list of event ideas from HQ: http://deltachi.org/resources/refere...deas_08-06.pdf

The website has some really awesome, albeit underused resources!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Brothers and GC Friends,

Come support the George Mason Chapter's 3rd Annual Golf Tournament to support the V Foundation for Cancer Research. It will be held Saturday, March 24 at the Pleasant Valley Golf Course in Chantilly, Virginia. Please PM me for more details!

I thought some of our Northern Virginia GCers might be interested in playing this year, please let me know if you're interested - we have some fantastic prizes!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

My DX boys have a step off for all the sororities. Im not in one but its a blast to watch, the girls really get into it.