GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 899
0 members and 899 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2002, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Question Quota Question

Hey all, I was just curious.. Considering most of my experiences, we've met quota, as have my friend's sororities.. So when you don't meet quota, what happens?? We're not one of the smaller houses on campus, but... For example, this semester we gave out 50 bids.. Only 10 accepted/came to bid day.. Quota was 24. I'd ask my sisters/advisors, but I took this semester off so I don't really have anyone to ask!!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-10-2002, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nyrdrms
When your chapter doesn't reach quota, you can COB up to quota...even if you are at or even over ceiling. During formal recruitment is the only time in which you can exceed ceiling limitations. If quota is 15 and you only bid 10 during formal recruitment, you can COB 5 more.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Ok so I mean.. I know we can COB, but what happens if we still don't reach quota?? Does it even matter??
Old 09-10-2002, 02:36 AM

You keep rushing!

There will be snapping and cob. If needed Spring (or Winter if on quarters) rush will be held.

For Nationals, a chapter has the entire year to meet quota.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nyrdrms
SoCal....you said that a national has all year to reach quota??? I thought there was a couple of weeks after rush that a chapter can attempt to COB/snap bid to reach qupta, after that, they would be starting a new class. Plus, it also depends on how close to ceiling you are. You can't go from one semester to the next still trying to make a quota you didn't reach if you've reached ceiling.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalAngel126
Ok so I mean.. I know we can COB, but what happens if we still don't reach quota?? Does it even matter??
You mean what are the repercussions? Frankly, it depends on your national. Some groups put chapters on probation that don't make quota.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
SoCal....you said that a national has all year to reach quota??? I thought there was a couple of weeks after rush that a chapter can attempt to COB/snap bid to reach qupta, after that, they would be starting a new class. Plus, it also depends on how close to ceiling you are. You can't go from one semester to the next still trying to make a quota you didn't reach if you've reached ceiling.
I am pretty sure that NPC rules say you have all year... I know we did on my campus.
Old 09-10-2002, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Quota Question

Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalAngel126
Hey all, I was just curious.. Considering most of my experiences, we've met quota, as have my friend's sororities.. So when you don't meet quota, what happens?? We're not one of the smaller houses on campus, but... For example, this semester we gave out 50 bids.. Only 10 accepted/came to bid day.. Quota was 24. I'd ask my sisters/advisors, but I took this semester off so I don't really have anyone to ask!!

I have a question...if quota was 24 then how did you get to give out 50 bids? On my campus if quota is 24 then only 24 bids are given out by each organization...am I missing something?
Old 09-11-2002, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nyrdrms
I'm in the same national as Digital. That's how we did it. Course we were never at total while I was in my chapter. So we had three initiations a year. (You'd think we'd have memorized it. But sadly, no. )

I think when it comes to being short of quota but already over total you only have a certain time period. Someone with a Green book would need to answer to be certain. Barbara???
Old 09-11-2002, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Under the "Membership Recruitment Mechanics" section the
"green" book says

Each fraternity is entitled to pledge the full Quota at any time during the year even if by so doing, the allowable Total chapter size is exceeded and the formal membership recruitment period is over.

Once established, Quota should not be changed until the next formal membership recruitment period when a new Quota will be set.

So the answer is no, there should be no time limit on when a chapter can take up to quota.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
being very well versed in this area i think i'll give it a shot. for you inparticular digital, as we talked about over im, your chapter is fine. not meeting quota one year isn't going to get your chapter shut down. with sigma kappa, if you have more than three years or so of not meeting quota then nationals start trying to help you out by sending consultants (not always fun), holding rush workshops done by a national consultant, and towards the end ( or at least what was my chapter's end) you will have nearly 8 people from nationals trying to help you through formal rush. finally, if all else fails they send you a letter of challenge and have it delivered and read by a national person. worst thing i ever sat through. but mind you this is years down the road and only if you don't meet quota repeatedly. i know your chapter well enough to know that doing informal recruitment is bound to happen. so don't worry. even if you have to do informal rush in the fall (or whatever semester you don't have formal rush), you are bound to get quota before anything should happen. no worries, your chapter is doing well. heck, i'll go out there and help out if need be. i'm only about 2hrs away. (this time i won't get lost)

shelley j
sigma k