GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,667
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, Dysonqhl
» Online Users: 926
1 members and 925 guests
Dysonqhl

Old 04-24-2004, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

OOPS! Grad School Actives???

Sorry. I posted this in another thread when I should have posted here. I go to a Cal State school.
My question is can you remain an active if you go to grad school or do you have to go alum?

Also, if you're in a credential program can you remain an active or go alum???

Thanks! I am curious b/c I have one year to go before I graduate but plan on either going to a credential program or if I get accepted, plan on getting my Masters here at my school. I would like to remain an active but will go alum if necessary.

P.S. I am very effective with time management so remaining up to date with all my activities, school, and work would not be a big problem.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-24-2004, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

it depends on your organization. check with you chapter president...or advisors. they would be able to tell you best.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: OOPS! Grad School Actives???

Quote:
Originally posted by CASIGKAP
My question is can you remain an active if you go to grad school or do you have to go alum?

Read the handbook on our national policies sweets. A vote is required, but its possible.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

UPDATE: I did as directed and have decided to go alum next spring. My plans after that are to either go to the Masters program, get my credential, or take a year off to become a field consultant. It all depends on what I feel is best suited for me. Thanks for all your help! Everyone was right. Any work after undergrad would leave me little time to devote to SK and the many things actives do.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Do I take it right (?) Feild Rep? Is that for Your Soroity?

If so, Take that job right now! If I had not been married, I would have been one for LXA!

If it is, you will work your rear off! But, isnt there always a but, you will get to see other parts of the USA, mingle with your Sisters, help and guide them, and even scold them if neccesary.

It looks damn good on a Resume when you are finally done playing school and get into the Real world of working the rest of your life!

Most of Our ELCs have gotten good jobs after doing this and even better grades in grad school because of this type of experience!

Good Luck on any decision tho!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-07-2004, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Agreed. Be a field consultant while you still can! I know I wish I had done that.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kwazi19
i completely agree with what has been stated. I recently just started my position as a field rep for sigma alpha mu. it has only been 2 + weeks so far but i wouldn't trade any of this.

the opportunities that are around me, the networking opportunities, the travel and to stay involved in s/thing i love was a no brainer..

take the job!
Old 07-17-2004, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I have been told by MANY people that is is EXTREMELY difficult & competitive to get the field consultant job. It's only made me want it even more. I'm going to get as much information as I can & at least give it a shot. I don't want to spend the rest of my life wondering what if?