GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,609
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, CKattygirl
» Online Users: 1,109
1 members and 1,108 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 08-16-2009, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

LSU Recruitment

Recruitment starts today at LSU. Any updates would be appreciated!! Good luck girls!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2009, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my best friends is going through recruitment there! My phone is dead right now and I can't locate my charger, but once I find it, I'm going to call her and I'll let you know!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Here I go, my first post!!!!

DD just finished the first round of parties at LSU. She had a great time but is very nervous for invites tomorrow. She knows that some of he groups that she likes are the most popular so the cuts will be heavy. Of course I reminded here that she can only pledge one group so stay positive and have fun. As I said she does have a few groups that stand out but she said that there were no groups that she would just hate being in, so she will stay open minded.

It rained today and they had to huddle up together under the tents!!

Also you might be interested to know that about 20 girls from different groups have influenza. It has not been diagnosed as swine flu but they were all sent home.

I think that there are about 869 girls participating.

Well wish us luck!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

good luck and good health to your daughter and the rest of the lsu pnms.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Tootiepie, good luck to your daughter! (and to all the women going through recruitment at LSU). Your comments about her only being able to join one group are right on the money. All it takes is one and I wish more moms and daughters understood that. Hope she has a terrific time and continues to enjoy all the groups. Good luck to you as well. Stay sane!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is also going through recruitment at LSU. The ice water round is now in the books and this afternoon the 2 day Philanthropy round begins.

She was invited back by 6 of the 10 sororities, so she's feeling pretty upbeat. Of course, she's wondering what she didn't say or do to not get an invitation from the other four. I guess that's human nature.

Luckily, she didn't go in with her heart set on any particular sorority. Going into this round, she now has a few that have become front runners, but that could quickly change as she learns more about each group.

What a fun, but stressful week for all concerned.

Good luck to everyone!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Hang in there, lsumomx2.

The sororities at LSU are all great chapters! Sounds like your daughter has an excellent attitude. I wish her continued success in future rounds!

Hope the weather improved today for the girls.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter was so excited this morning with her invitations. She was invited back to 8 and she just couldn't believe it. One of the groups that released her was a top group that always has to make heavy cuts. The other group was one that she just did not have a good conection with so she was not sad at all to see them gone. Of course I had to be the realist and tell her to expect heavier cuts this round. I didn't expect it to be bad this round because she had 2-3 recs for each group, fantastic grades, and a great resume. The next round will probably be a lot harder on her.

Of her group of friends they are all doing well. One had 9, another had 7, and one claims to have all 10. I think she might be embellishing the truth because she also said she didn't have that many recs!!!! Of course she could have really dazzled them.

The t-shirt that they got is so cute. It has 10 little girls on the back in thier old fashioned dresses with the letters of each sorority on one of the girls.

Also I think that each chapter shows a video of thier philantropy as opposed to the cheesey crafts as were discussed in another thread.

p.s. It is good thing I never took a job in an office, my typos are terrible so please forgive me.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

tootiepie, good luck to your daughter and her friends. We'll be stressing together this week.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootiepie View Post
. . . Also you might be interested to know that about 20 girls from different groups have influenza. It has not been diagnosed as swine flu but they were all sent home.

. . .
Well wish us luck!!!
Welcome to GC, tootiepie. Do you know -- or does anyone in the LSU loop know -- if Panhellenic / Greek Life will be making arrangements so that any PNMs "sent home" with H1N1 will be allowed to go through some form of recruitment later if they wish?

It just strikes me that it'd be nice to allow all the LSU NPC chapters to recruit the flu victims after they've recovered -- not just a COB thing, but even chapters that made quota and are at or over total.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Bummer about the girls that were sent home with the flu!! I wonder if any provisions will be made for them since there was such a large group, or if they are just out of luck?

Good luck to your girls!!

exlurker - pinch poke you owe me a coke! (we posted same thought at the same time )
Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
I wonder if any provisions will be made for them since there was such a large group, or if they are just out of luck?
I'd be very surprised if any provisions will be made. There are just too many PNMs and every chapter is likely to be at total after recruitment. Also, it's not like there were 100 of them, it seems like a pretty small group.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmom View Post
Bummer about the girls that were sent home with the flu!! I wonder if any provisions will be made for them since there was such a large group, or if they are just out of luck?

Good luck to your girls!!

exlurker - pinch poke you owe me a coke! (we posted same thought at the same time )
srmom, welllllllllll, maybe. It depends on what Target has on special; I'm making a run over to it later this afternoon. May have to be a generic, not a brand name.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

How awful! H1N1 is our campus's biggest fear right now, recruitment notwithstanding. I hope everyone else manages to stay healthy. Good luck!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:09 PM

I read that as 20 sorority members, not rushees.