GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,566
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, maximujnra3388
» Online Users: 2,233
2 members and 2,231 guests
zkaylgooglet196

Old 10-05-2002, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
The DNC makes a cartoon showing Bush hurting old people

Being a Democrat I thought it was funny but in bad taste.

http://www.democrats.org/social_insecurity/
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-05-2002, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
That is the most horrible thing I've ever seen! I don't care what your political affiliation, some things are just inappropriate.
Old 10-05-2002, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

That was great and it tells it like it is.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

That was funny. But seriously, if you take the average return from the stock market (including the stock market crash of 1929) the market has a return of about 10%. And when you are dealing with something that you will hold long term the stock market is a pretty safe bet.

I am a republican from Tennessee and I wouldn't vote for Gore if he personally funded MY retirement. Bill Clinton didn't carry his home state in his first erection um I mean election and neither did Gore doesn't that tell you something about the man? I went to see Gore speak in February. I was not impressed. He is a coward and a whiner.

(The reason I say he is a coward is that he came to speak in an extremely heavily populated democrat voter area. In this particular county, if there are 25 offices open you will have 50 or so people running in the primary on the democrat side and maybe five on the republican side. Therefore the election is basically decided in the primary rather than the general election. So, he just wasted time preaching to the choir.)

TWO WORDS SORE LOSERMAN!!!
Old 10-05-2002, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Gore is ok but I thought they could have chosen a better Canidate like John Kerry.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:04 PM

True story, as long as we're being partisan...

My girlfriends and I all do volunteer work for the Republican Party here in Maryland so when we get our kids together to play the little ones hear our political discussions. I figured they wouldn't understand anything.

So I was driving my 5 and 7 year olds home from dance class and they were bickering with each other in the backseat. My 5 year old was SO MAD at something my 7 year old had said that she was having the trouble finding the right words to express what she wanted to say. Finally she blurted out, "Katie, you are a...a...a....you're a Democrat ! At which point Katie burst out, "Maaaaa, she called me a Democrat!"

Since there was a catfight in progress, I held in my laughter and said to my younger daughter, "Honey, do you know what is the opposite of a Democrat?" She thought about it for a few seconds and then answered, "A happy person who is nice?"
Old 10-06-2002, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

A Democrat. A Donkey. A Jack-Ass. Drunk!!
Old 10-06-2002, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
If I had to choose between a pothead and a crackhead, I would choose Marion Berry. At least he was honest bout his crack addicition, unlike the other two "leaders."

VOTE GREEN
Old 10-06-2002, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
KillarneyRose...I loved your story!!! TOO cute.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chopper816
just remember some words of advice, dont you fall into the trap, democrats are full of crap! nbl to the liberals on the board
Old 10-07-2002, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

They're all full of crap... it's just trying to pick the candidate that is less full of it than the others.

If I could vote my conscience it'd be Libertarian.

Come to my state... We have an ex-NFL All-Pro Reciever (Steve Largent, Republican) running against a State Senator (Brad Henry, Democrat)... State Senators are NOTABLY corrupt in this state... You should see some of the legislation that gets through that group -- it panders to SIG's and forgets about the public... but at least their campaigns are well-funded.

Oh the independant is a crackpot as well... He says he's going to make turnpikes free (that's his main platform) and the Governor CAN NOT do that! Damned Oklahoma Constitution getting in the Governer's way again!

----

Senate we have long time incumbant Jim Inhofe who is basically a puppet of the Christian Coalitian running against the former Governor, Democrat David Walters who nearly served out his term in the State Pen for taking illegal campaign contributions.

I'm a Republican (registered anyhow) but the choices are so bad that I really feel like I need to move somewhere with qualified candidates... hmmm Florida?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-07-2002, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
I'm a Republican (registered anyhow) but the choices are so bad that I really feel like I need to move somewhere with qualified candidates... hmmm Florida?
Canada?