GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,471
0 members and 1,471 guests
No Members online

Old 03-28-2023, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

NPHC intake/interest

Hi! I could really use some advice. So basically I attended an undergrad informational the beginning of this month where I turned in an app., a couple days later I received a membership invitation email and they said they would tell me the next steps of the MIP. Since then I have had an interview and submitted several other required documents. My documents were submitted almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm just starting to get paranoid that maybe they decided not to pursue me anymore. I'm also a bit confused cause Im not familiar with the process of getting invited for membership prior to an interview. I'm starting to lose a bit of hope since the lines at my school are typically revealed around this time or late April. I've honestly started checking my email and mailbox for a rejection letter so I just wanted to know if the situation sounds like I should just move on or if it's possible they may get back to me?

Last edited by Anonymous 1313; 03-29-2023 at 05:39 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-29-2023, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

The communication you received about intake most likely had contact information for a chapter advisor. You should reach out to them, the chapter president, or whoever sent the email for next steps.
Old 03-29-2023, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
The communication you received about intake most likely had contact information for a chapter advisor. You should reach out to them, the chapter president, or whoever sent the email for next steps.
The only contact info that I have is the email of the chapter (which is the email that they've been using to send me info about my previous interview and additional documents). I've been contemplating reaching out to them but I guess I just don't want to seem annoying. Also my thought process has kind been if they wanted to they would. I only say that because the chapter is really small and I was 1 of about 4 people to attend the informational so I doubt it would take this long to get back to me if they wanted me to participate in intake.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe the schedule this year is late April like you stated it sometimes is.
Old 03-29-2023, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Maybe the schedule this year is late April like you stated it sometimes is.
yea that's true it might be. Im just going to wait and see what happens, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. There's really nothing I can do at this point anyways
Old 03-29-2023, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! I hope everything goes your way. It's torture to wait for news for something you want so badly.
Old 03-30-2023, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake View Post
Good luck! I hope everything goes your way. It's torture to wait for news for something you want so badly.
Thank you so much! I really hope so too
Old 03-30-2023, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Also can anybody tell me if undergrad chapters of NPHC orgs even send out rejection letters? Like is that technically part of the protocol or is it something they can chose to do or not?
Old 04-16-2023, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Just an update, I didn’t make it. I saw the probate flyer today and that’s how I found out. I wish I received a resection letter so I could have moved on by now but for now it definitely hurts but definitely happy for anybody that made it
Old 04-16-2023, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous 1313 View Post
Just an update, I didn’t make it. I saw the probate flyer today and that’s how I found out. I wish I received a resection letter so I could have moved on by now but for now it definitely hurts but definitely happy for anybody that made it
Oh no, I'm really sorry. It must feel very disappointing. Thank you for coming back to update us and I do wish you the best in the future.

True and Constant
Old 04-17-2023, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out as you hoped. Thanks for updating us, and wishing you well. I'm sure it has to be hard especially learning through a flyer that you were not offered an invitation for membership. But kudos to you for being supportive of those who were offered membership. I just hope through the disappointment that joy will come your way in some form.
Old 04-18-2023, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ugh! What a letdown! It really sucks to find things out that way. Kind of an extra sharp hit to the gut.

I hope you find someplace where you can be you and thrive.