GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,441
0 members and 1,441 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2023, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll be interested to read the defendants' response. The story seems very strange to me. Taking at face value the allegation that KKG nationals was insistent to pledge a trans woman somewhere, the University of Wyoming is literally the worst place in America to give it a try. Kappa has lots of unhoused chapters and chapters at super liberal schools. I mean, they have a chapter at UC Santa Cruz! The complaint is basically saying that Kappa leadership is a bunch of self-destructive idiots who can't find (or don't listen to) competent legal advice. That is always possible with a group of humans; it just seems bizarre with this particular situation.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Certain national sororities have been desperately, desperately pushing to look woke/far left/scarily inclusive/whatever you call it. They have also lost millions of dollars of donations from weary alums.

I can only imagine the fear of these girls when ole boy was sitting in the house and getting his jollies while they were dressing. What happened to sororities being safe places for women?

I decided to look on the site that shall not be mentioned and apparently, this guy has been on school radar for months: Look at this from last year: the incel at KKG by: common sense Oct 23, 2022 11:47:53 AM

"why didn’t the usual ruthless looks standards for sororities apply to this beast? and now they’re endangering college aged women by putting them in the same house. if something did happen they would certainly cover it up."

Last edited by carnation; 04-01-2023 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2023, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

As part of our prep for fall 2023 recruitment my Rosebud and I viewed together last year’s promotional videos from all the NPCs at the college she will attend, and we noticed one of the orgs really leaned way, way in to emphasizing their acceptance of all and welcoming culture. Their video featured rainbow painted yard letters, and women waving LGBTQ+ flags, and pride-focused T-shirts and banners. We discussed it, and we are thinking that chapter may already have a member who is part of the LGBTQ+ community, and this is their way of supporting her.

Last edited by SquirrelyDays; 04-01-2023 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Oxford comma
Old 04-01-2023, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Certain national sororities have been desperately, desperately pushing to look woke/far left/scarily inclusive/whatever you call it. They have also lost millions of dollars of donations from weary alums.

I can only imagine the fear of these girls when ole boy was sitting in the house and getting his jollies while they were dressing. What happened to sororities being safe places for women?

I decided to look on the site that shall not be mentioned and apparently, this guy has been on school radar for months: Look at this from last year: the incel at KKG by: common sense Oct 23, 2022 11:47:53 AM

"why didn’t the usual ruthless looks standards for sororities apply to this beast? and now they’re endangering college aged women by putting them in the same house. if something did happen they would certainly cover it up."
I wish I could give kudos to this post a million times. A sorority should be a safe place for women.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
I'll be interested to read the defendants' response. The story seems very strange to me. Taking at face value the allegation that KKG nationals was insistent to pledge a trans woman somewhere, the University of Wyoming is literally the worst place in America to give it a try. Kappa has lots of unhoused chapters and chapters at super liberal schools. I mean, they have a chapter at UC Santa Cruz! The complaint is basically saying that Kappa leadership is a bunch of self-destructive idiots who can't find (or don't listen to) competent legal advice. That is always possible with a group of humans; it just seems bizarre with this particular situation.
Wyoming was the place where Matthew Shepard was killed in 1998. I was in college when that happened and I will never forget it. Perhaps it’s seen as some redemption arc for the school in regards to LGBTQ issues?

Blows my mind that the movement has gone from people begging for basic human decency, research for AIDS, safety and the right to love who you want to live…to people feeling victimized and protesting over not being referred to by “they/them” pronouns. It’s like a mockery to all the work that the OG activists did in the 80s and 90s…just to survive. Now, a man can change his pronouns on a piece of paper so “she” can be in a sorority. They’re probably rolling over in their graves.

It’s also incredibly hypocritical to promote BELIEVE WOMEN (wait…that’s back when we WERE women and not uterus people or whatever they changed it to)…ok, believe survivors…because if someone feels unsafe or feels like their boundaries are being crossed…people should respect that…to, “go shower with a naked man with an erection in your sorority house and if you don’t, the problem is YOU.”

I’m totally supporting the women who came forward. Everyone has a right to feel safe in their own home…and, as a society, can we stop destroying and/or compromising women only spaces???
Old 04-02-2023, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
the newest members of NPC have been in since the 1950s.
Not to mention, every chapter is different.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
Wyoming was the place where Matthew Shepard was killed in 1998. I was in college when that happened and I will never forget it. Perhaps it’s seen as some redemption arc for the school in regards to LGBTQ issues?

Blows my mind that the movement has gone from people begging for basic human decency, research for AIDS, safety and the right to love who you want to live…to people feeling victimized and protesting over not being referred to by “they/them” pronouns. It’s like a mockery to all the work that the OG activists did in the 80s and 90s…just to survive. Now, a man can change his pronouns on a piece of paper so “she” can be in a sorority. They’re probably rolling over in their graves.

It’s also incredibly hypocritical to promote BELIEVE WOMEN (wait…that’s back when we WERE women and not uterus people or whatever they changed it to)…ok, believe survivors…because if someone feels unsafe or feels like their boundaries are being crossed…people should respect that…to, “go shower with a naked man with an erection in your sorority house and if you don’t, the problem is YOU.”

I’m totally supporting the women who came forward. Everyone has a right to feel safe in their own home…and, as a society, can we stop destroying and/or compromising women only spaces???
It’s exactly because it’s Wyoming.

And yes, they were intimidated into admitting this person. This article says as much. I wonder where the chapter is in the pecking order at the school. (IE, I can’t see the chapter at Texas being hornswaggled into this.)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ity-house.html

That this person is not small physically would be even more upsetting.

Meanwhile, in all probability, at another Kappa chapter somewhere, a member is getting brought in front of standards for sneaking her boyfriend who the whole chapter knows and likes into her room overnight.

This sucks for the transgender and non-binary people who just want to live their lives, and have been doing so. As with everything in the US, the extremes are the ones that can’t shut up.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Another of my sayings: bring me a problem, you have a partner. Bring me a crisis, you get a judge. Which one do you want?

Those of us who’ve been around (not naming names but you know who you are) have first hand experience with interference from HQ in matters that should be Chapter business. And this extends to membership selection which, as DGTess pointed out, is supposed to be reserved for the collegians/actives. The stories I have - shaking my head and saying to myself that this is beyond wrong. The GPA alone - wtf?

Wrong hill to die on. This is going to be costly, and not just monetarily, for Kappa Kappa Gamma, and for the rest of the NPC. The lawyers are going to have a field day.

I’m most furious with what the actives had to endure. Wondering where the angry parents are in all this? If my daughter … yeah okay you can connect the dots.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-02-2023, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

According to this article, then PNM Artemis Langford was making comments during recruitment about an interest in cadavers. Apparently also ignored questions related to hobbies and future goals, but was very interested in living in sorority housing. Adding to what has been disclosed about Artemis' low GPA, I believe that most of the organizations were likely concerned about the conversations members had with her.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...-male-student/

Quote:
Langford started participating in sorority recruitment in spring 2022. While meeting members of the Delta Delta Delta sorority, Langford allegedly shared his interest in cadavers and touching human corpses, the complaint claimed.
Langford repeatedly asked whether he could live in the sorority house but dodged questions about his hobbies and goals, a witness who chatted with him during the week’s events recalled, according to the complaint. His comments and mannerisms have left many women feeling uneasy about their continued membership and living situation at the house.
Old 04-02-2023, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

You KNOW they were forced to take him! Nobody would touch a regular PNM who acted that bizarrely and had a 1.9.
Old 04-02-2023, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Wondering where the angry parents are in all this? If my daughter … yeah okay you can connect the dots.
Hopefully quietly behind the scenes, paying for an absolute shark of a lawyer and on the horn to media getting the story out. IMO the suit being filed by the women who actually had to live in the situation carries more weight than if the parents had filed it - no accusations of helicoptering can interfere with the business at hand (although heaven knows if ever there was a time for some fwap fwap, this certainly would be it).
Old 04-02-2023, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

33, as always, you nailed it (& you were in my head, again. Quit it).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-02-2023, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
According to this article, then PNM Artemis Langford was making comments during recruitment about an interest in cadavers. Apparently also ignored questions related to hobbies and future goals, but was very interested in living in sorority housing. Adding to what has been disclosed about Artemis' low GPA, I believe that most of the organizations were likely concerned about the conversations members had with her.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...-male-student/
O-oh man. If someone had said that during recruitment, let's just say she would have been dropped ASAP.

I do genuinely feel bad for the LGBT community who just want to live their lives, have relations, whatever. The ironic thing is there are plenty of LGBT organizations that accept anyone regardless of gender identity.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 04-02-2023, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

It is so ironic.

One thing this generation is really good at is educating people on consent...listening to your instincts if someone is making you uncomfortable and hopefully, speaking up.

Yet...throw a "woman" into the mix who changed genders like ten seconds ago and it all falls out the window.

If a typical college guy tried to infiltrate private spaces where women shower and get dressed, they would burn him at the stake.

IDK why i do this to myself...but sometimes I surf on Reddit just to see what people have to say. No one can get past the whole YOU ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST SOMEONE part...when, according to them, this has nothing to do with the gender the person was at birth...BUT IT DOES. We wouldn't be having this conversation if- quite frankly- there wasn't a functioning penis involved.

It doesn't mean anyone who takes issue with this is some hate filled person who despises all transgender people, everywhere

It's probably a huge embarrassment to the trans men and women who would never present themselves like this

It's basically gaslighting the women for acknowledging their discomfort in their OWN HOME

Not everyone wants to shower with a naked man (not of their choosing), or have to worry about their safety- again- IN THEIR OWN HOME

There are wolves in sheeps clothing in all walks of life. No one wants to admit that we have gone too far. I'm not going to go into details out of respect for privacy, but professionally I've been in two situations where men (of questionable character, not necessarily masquerading as transgender) have pushed their way into women's only spaces- because we can't exclude anyone...and women- particularly women in need who are in a very vulnerable point in their lives- suffered as a result.

In the documentary The Hunting Ground, they talk to actual rapists in silhouette. Turns out, these (formerly) college aged offenders were most excited to get to college because they would have more access to women...in dark corridors, in parties, not sober or coherent. Predators don't think like normal people; they make decisions as to increase their access to people they can victimize.

Maybe this person really is who they claim to be...but, to me, why even take the chance? Listen to the women who have to be around him and validate their safety concerns and feelings. Why are one person's feelings more important than that of the majority?

Men have plenty of places for camaraderie, as do LGBTQ people nowadays. Leave some spaces for women.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
How does Kappa, or how do the offended Kappa women, prevent Artemis from writing articles/books about his experience and/or give interviews regarding same?
Apparently Artemis already has given interviews to the student newspaper when bids were handed out.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/10...gender-member/

It’s like rain on your wedding day.