GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,475
1 members and 1,474 guests
Kevin
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 03:38 PM

Has anyone ever heard of going directly from a province director to national president? I know all our groups have different names for things, but there are usually a LOT of steps in between unless the national organization is VERY small.

Here's my biggest question, and I realize how it's going to sound. Over lo these many years of posting on GC, KKG has never struck me as one of the more liberal or open-minded groups on a national scale. In fact, the polar opposite. When and how did that change? Was there a leadership coup or something? Or is this something that came from the collegiate chapters and trickled up?
Old 02-09-2024, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevinpiphi View Post
We had a trans member in the late 2000's - but she had been socially transitioned since high school. She however got in on her own merits, and met all academic requirements for the chapter.
I'm betting all 26 groups have had transgender members (whether they know it or not). Just as back in the day, groups who weren't admitting Black or Asian or Jewish people had some Black or Asian or Jewish people on their rolls. You can get a lot accomplished if you're wise enough to keep your mouth shut.
Old 02-09-2024, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Has anyone ever heard of going directly from a province director to national president?

Has anyone ever heard of going directly from 2020 alumna initiate to province director?

True and Constant

Last edited by navane; 02-09-2024 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2024, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Has anyone ever heard of going directly from 2020 alumna initiate to province director?
Quote:
Has anyone ever heard of going directly from a province director to national president?
THESE. BOTH of these.
Old 02-10-2024, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Has anyone ever heard of going directly from a province director to national president? I know all our groups have different names for things, but there are usually a LOT of steps in between unless the national organization is VERY small.

Here's my biggest question, and I realize how it's going to sound. Over lo these many years of posting on GC, KKG has never struck me as one of the more liberal or open-minded groups on a national scale. In fact, the polar opposite. When and how did that change? Was there a leadership coup or something? Or is this something that came from the collegiate chapters and trickled up?
Great Question!
Old 02-10-2024, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Point of Order:

Doesn't the fact that Tracey Nadzieja had previously been a member of Sigma Pi disallow membership in Kappa Kappa Gamma?

Would that fall under "not being a member of another group or similar type"?
I don't know about anyone else, but our requirements for Alumnae Initiation state that they can't be an initiated member of any other NPC, NPHC or Multi-Cultural group. We don't have any rule about men's groups.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but our requirements for Alumnae Initiation state that they can't be an initiated member of any other NPC, NPHC or Multi-Cultural group. We don't have any rule about men's groups.
I bet no one ever thought it would come to this, though.
Old 02-10-2024, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I bet no one ever thought it would come to this, though.
PLEASE, let this insanity stop! Let the powers that be realize the oaths that were broken, and will continue to be broken in the quest to destroy the very concept of sorority!
Old 02-10-2024, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm unfamiliar with the specifics of Delta Gamma's Alumnae Initiate requirements but I would assume that they're similar to your group's.

It's part of Delta Gamma's history that our founders agreed to have a male initiate in order to establish chapters outside of the South. This was during the 19th century though. Phi Delta Theta's George Banta was instrumental in establishing chapters in the norther part of the country.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
PLEASE, let this insanity stop! Let the powers that be realize the oaths that were broken, and will continue to be broken in the quest to destroy the very concept of sorority!
When honeychile speaks with exclamation marks, y’all better listen Lol. I hear you. I had to lane swerve when I read this.
Old 02-10-2024, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
When honeychile speaks with exclamation marks, y’all better listen Lol. I hear you. I had to lane swerve when I read this.
Old 02-10-2024, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

But is it not be a member of an NPC sorority or to not be a member of another group? I suspect it is the former, so technically Sigma Pi would not be seen as a conflict. But then, when our constitutions were written, the curious situation we find ourselves in now, was not sitting on the front porch drinking iced tea.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
You flatter me, Phrozen Sands! And I love it!
Old 02-10-2024, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

It's a plot to encourage stronger alumnae ties and volunteer service from older, more experienced initiates, thus possibly preventing allegedly subversive actions by those already holding powerful official positions.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
You flatter me, Phrozen Sands! And I love it!
I’m just preaching facts Lol