GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,577
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annagoolet2907
» Online Users: 2,001
0 members and 2,001 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gart
Has anyone in here actually been hazed? I understand that its hard to imagine why anyone would think there is a benifit to being hazed if they havent gone through it.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-06-2003, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gart
Has anyone in here actually been hazed? I understand that its hard to imagine why anyone would think there is a benifit to being hazed if they havent gone through it.
Yes but not in my GLO. There was not a benifit or a benefit to it. And Gart, since you are so proud that you were hazed, what chapter of what fraternity are you in? You shouldn't be ashamed to admit it...
Old 10-06-2003, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry i cant tell you what fraturnity im in that would be a stupid move since everyone is against hazing but i can tell you we are a local fraturnity with no national afiliations.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
Nahhhh, it's just the brothers are drunk. You gotta be a pretty sick individual to get an adrenalyn rush or a high off of a power trip at the expense of another person's misfortune. Everyone does stupid stuff when they're drunk, thats why they get drunk before they haze you.
Isn't that like saying a man who beats his wife only when he's drunk is not a wife-beater when he is sober? Alcohol only magnifies what's already in you.

I think anyone who wants to haze or be hazed should do some soul searching...
Old 10-06-2003, 02:56 PM

Those who have been hazed and are proud of it need some serious soul searching and a therapist can help you with that. Just because someone is drunk isn't an excuse for their actions. Most individuals know how they act while they are drunk because someone has told them. I don't buy the whole drunk excuse. That's a bunch of crap. A spouse and child abuser is always an abuser drunk or sober. I know from experience!
Old 10-06-2003, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sorry i cant tell you what fraturnity im in that would be a stupid move since everyone is against hazing but i can tell you we are a local fraturnity with no national afiliations.
Hmm...I know some guys in local fraternities with no national affiliations, is that anything like yours?

How bout fessing up where you go to school, champ? If you're so proud of your "fraturnity" you should want to share that with others.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Im just curious to why you would want to know so bad? Ill tell you that we are in PA.

Last edited by gart; 10-06-2003 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Im just curious to why you would want to know so bad? Ill tell you that we are in PA.
Because anyone who is so proud of their chapter hazing should have enough balls to admit who they are. There are other people on here who will tell you their fraternity hazes, but they'll admit who they are, which makes them much more credible. For all we know, you're an independent just trying to stir up trouble by getting us all worked up.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

We can certainly respect tradition. However, don't expect any of us to respect your fraternity hazing.

Hazing = severe lack of respect
Old 10-06-2003, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ztawinthropgirl
Those who have been hazed and are proud of it need some serious soul searching and a therapist can help you with that. Just because someone is drunk isn't an excuse for their actions. Most individuals know how they act while they are drunk because someone has told them. I don't buy the whole drunk excuse. That's a bunch of crap. A spouse and child abuser is always an abuser drunk or sober.
ditto-well said!
Old 10-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

Read the first post in this thread.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Girlene
Alcohol only magnifies what's already in you.

Really? Because I was under the impression that it impares your judgement and therefore makes you do things you wouldn't normally do, not bringing out the beast from within. Maybe for some people your statement is true, but it isn't true for everyone. I'm an alcoholic in a sense. When I'm out with my friends I can't have just one or two drinks, I have to have 8-12. I'll get sent to the bar and come back with 15 shots for 3 people. I'm a firm believer in doing things right if you're gonna do it at all.
At the same time, I'm actually a lot nicer when I'm drunk. I give money to the poor crack heads outside the clubs. I even give whatever left over cigs I have to the prostitutes that try to pick us up after we leave the club. When chicks call me up all upset because some guy did this or that to them that night, I actually listen to them and not hang up. I don't call women whores or sluts when I'm drunk. I'm very nice and in the past year it hasn't been because I just wanted to get into some girls panties. I don't know why I'm nice when I'm drunk, I just am.

Last edited by cashmoney; 10-06-2003 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Alright i am a member of delta sigma chi at the university of pittsburgh at johnstown, we are a local fraternity and have kept our same traditions alive for the past 41 years. We have 647 alumni and continue to go strong. Please have respect for the fact that i am proud of our traditions just as all the members and alumni do.

Dude, with greek chat being how it is.....this is not a good idea. I'd delete your post asap.

And don't fall into any of the traps kddani tries to set for you.

Last edited by cashmoney; 10-06-2003 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
Really? Because I was under the impression that it impares your judgement and therefore makes you do things you wouldn't normally do, not bringing out the beast from within. Maybe for some people your statement is true, but it isn't true for everyone. I'm an alcoholic in a sense. When I'm out with my friends I can't have just one or two drinks, I have to have 8-12. I'll get sent to the bar and come back with 15 shots for 3 people. I'm a firm believer in doing things right if you're gonna do it at all.
At the same time, I'm actually a lot nicer when I'm drunk. I give money to the poor crack heads outside the clubs. I even give whatever left over cigs I have to the prostitutes that try to pick us up after we leave the club. When chicks call me up all upset because some guy did this or that to them that night, I actually listen to them and not hang up. I don't call women whores or sluts when I'm drunk. I'm very nice and in the past year it hasn't been because I just wanted to get into some girls panties. I don't know why I'm nice when I'm drunk, I just am.
I didn't say alcohol brings out the beast in everyone, I said it magnifies what's in you. Some people are so shut down on the inside because they've been hurt or rejected that they need alcohol to extend loving kindness to people.

That being said--your self-described comments of not being able to stop at a few drinks and needing 8 to 12 are a red flag-brother. I don't call that "doing it right". I call that a problem.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cashmoney
[B]Dude, with greek chat being how it is.....this is not a good idea. I'd delete your post asap.

thanks man but i didnt say what kind of hazing and we have lasted a long time and no one has been able to prove anything thats why you need to keep activities in the house, but like i said thanks for the lookout
Closed Thread