GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,441
5 members and 2,436 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

From Virginia, rushing at LSU

What's up this is my first post so forgive me if I come off as a novice. I'm gonna rush at LSU next year and I figured I'd try and learn a bit about the greek system before then.

First things first though, a few of my friends were tryina tell me that I probably wouldn't be able to get into a top or middle-top house if I'm all the way from Virginia. I might not even fit in well with the gentlemen in the top houses, but I wouldn't wanna be excluded just because I wasn't able to go to summer rush parties and stuff if I do find said houses to be the best fit. I'll be rushing at formal rush at the start of the school year. I'm from northern VA (Loudoun County), I'm pretty chill, not shy around pretty women and I'm all about having a good time. Do you all think there will be any fraternities that wouldn't give me a bid simply because I'm not from Louisiana?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWilco View Post
What's up this is my first post so forgive me if I come off as a novice. I'm gonna rush at LSU next year and I figured I'd try and learn a bit about the greek system before then.

First things first though, a few of my friends were trying tell me that I probably wouldn't be able to get into a top or middle-top house if I'm all the way from Virginia. I might not even fit in well with the gentlemen in the top houses, but I wouldn't wanna be excluded just because I wasn't able to go to summer rush parties and stuff if I do find said houses to be the best fit. I'll be rushing at formal rush at the start of the school year. I'm from northern VA (Loudoun County), I'm pretty chill, not shy around pretty women and I'm all about having a good time. Do you all think there will be any fraternities that wouldn't give me a bid simply because I'm not from Louisiana?
The simple answer is no. It will come down to if they see you as a good fit.

However, after the summer rush events, many - if not most - of the chapters begin to finalize their bid lists from men they have met and feel might be a good fit. As such, not attending might put you at a disadvantage. By the time formal rush comes around, many chapters may not feel a "need" to extend any additional bids and really only be going through the motions of formal. But also note that fraternity chapters are not limited in number of bids they may extend (i.e. no rush quota or no chapter total). So it isn't unusual that a chapter may extend bids to men they meet through formal rush. And yes, even the "top tier" chapters do so "if and when" they meet somone that is a fit.