GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,596
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, hannahyanexto75
» Online Users: 1,359
0 members and 1,359 guests
No Members online

Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Prayers for a Delta Gamma alumna

I posted in the "What are you thinking right now thread?" and thought I would bring this over here. Sorry to crash your forum...

My mother is a Duke University graduate, where she joined Delta Gamma. My mom was involved in a serious car accident in Columbus, OH last Thursday while traveling for work. She was flown to Grant Medical Center. She is in the ICU, but hopefully will be moved to a step-down bed soon.

She lives in Savannah, GA with my father. Obviously, she is very far from home. My dad made the trip yesterday, and is with her now. She has more surgeries tomorrow. The hope is that as soon as she is stable we can have her transferred to a hospital in Savannah.

Please can you say an extra prayer for her? Between this accident and my father's cancer, we are having a rough year in terms of health.

Thanks!

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Would you mind sharing your Mom's name (and your Dad, too, since he could also use some prayer)? I like to prayer "specific" prayers for people. You can always send me a PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHDEEGEE View Post
Would you mind sharing your Mom's name (and your Dad, too, since he could also use some prayer)? I like to prayer "specific" prayers for people. You can always send me a PM.
Mom's name is Thais. My father is Larry.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Pardon the crash, but please take heart in knowing that Grant is one of the best trauma hospitals in Ohio and they will do everything possible they can for your mom. She is in excellent hands at Grant. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:54 AM

I was just going to post what BuckeyeTriDelta posted. She will have excellent care at Grant.

You are all in my thoughts.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
I'm so sorry, you all are in my prayers. Keep us updated.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Has anyone contacted DG headquarters (in Columbus) - perhaps there are sisters who can visit and/or help until she can get home? I can't do so from here right now.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
Has anyone contacted DG headquarters (in Columbus) - perhaps there are sisters who can visit and/or help until she can get home? I can't do so from here right now.
Delta Gamma headquarters are in Columbus, OH? I had no idea.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. No news about her surgery this morning. I am getting anxious to hear something from my father.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Just wanted to give you an update.

Mom's surgery went well yesterday. They placed a tracheostomy, feeding tube and repaired her right wrist. Dad said that she seems a bit more comfortable with all the tubes out of her mouth. She is trying to wake up: moving her good arm, wriggling her legs, making faces and opening her eyes. She isn't able to focus on anyone/anything yet.

She is being moved to a step-down bed in the ICU tonight. The best news is that the doctors and medical staff are talking about possibly transferring home to Savannah in about a week.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts everyone.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I'm keeping her and your family in my thoughts and prayers...this must be really tough on you all.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

WhiteDaisy - I got your PM, and replied. Thank you so much for forwarding the message!

As for my mom, she is awake and communicating with the nurses as best she can. The first message passed along was that she was "bored, thirsty and wanted to go home." She knew my dad was there last week. The nurses are thinking she is stable enough to be transferred to a hospital in Savannah. We are waiting on the go ahead from the doctors.

She has a long road to recovery. We know that. We think it will be that much better for her to be in Savannah, with my father and where my brother and I can visit without a hit to our wallet for airline, hotel and rental car charges.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

ZTA--I pray that your mother recover and that your father be in remission. The Lord knows what you are going through right now and He has both you and your family in His hands. Hold onto your faith in the Lord and continue to ask him for the strength that you all will need now and in the future.
I pray that your Mom will be able to return to Savannah and be able to regain her strength (both inner and physical) and that you will be able to retain your strength as well. Read James 1:1-5 and James 5:1-14 and I pray that this will begin to help and heal both your family and yourself.
(sorry for the lane swerving)
Old 03-27-2009, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I wanted to thank everyone who sent along prayers and good thoughts for my mom. We found out today that she will be flown by air ambulance home to Savannah on Monday morning!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

ZTABullwinkle,

Delta Gamma's national fraternity president visited my chapter this weekend for founder's day and told us about your mother. We are all keeping her and you in our prayers.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeDeltaG View Post
ZTABullwinkle,

Delta Gamma's national fraternity president visited my chapter this weekend for founder's day and told us about your mother. We are all keeping her and you in our prayers.
Wow! Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate the parayers.

She was transferred to a hospital in her hometown of Savannah yesterday. She did okay on the trip, but is definitely not out of the woods. They have ordered consultations and tests, while culturing some infections that are brewing in her ankle. I should be heading down there in the next week.