GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,546
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annatfancesa349
» Online Users: 2,164
0 members and 2,164 guests
No Members online

Old 09-20-2015, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, I'm fairly certain that there is at least one chapter on your campus who is still eligible for fall COB. If you know women in that chapter and really want to be Greek, I dncourage you to reach out and express your interest.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-20-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG13 View Post
Thank you all for your replies and yes this is a new rule they implemented not too long ago. A lot of people were automatically disqualified due to being in other organizations. Around 40 girls from a separate service fraternity were cut due to this issue mainly because they take time away from the colonizing sorority. This was all new to me too but that is exactly what they told us after our interviews
I'm betting that it had nothing to do with time management - rather that the girls from the service fraternity were rushing as a block and attempting to commandeer the new colony. This would have created major clique issues and that's not the way to get a colony started. The national volunteers who are choosing the members have very finely tuned drama detectors.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'm betting that it had nothing to do with time management - rather that the girls from the service fraternity were rushing as a block and attempting to commandeer the new colony. This would have created major clique issues and that's not the way to get a colony started. The national volunteers who are choosing the members have very finely tuned drama detectors.

That was my first thought too.

True and Constant
Old 09-20-2015, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

This sounds much more plausible to me. Colonies are such tricky entities. It only takes a few girls thinking they are running the show to completely derail the progress. That is not to say that's what happened with the OP, but fear of that could be the issue.

It seems Alpha Xi Delta's colony procedure lately has been to take less than the maximum allotted number of girls. If you are still interested, you might express that interest and make clear you are not part of a kabal of girls who think they will be running this chapter. If I am understanding how it works lately, they start the colony and then add groups of girls later, and in the spring after the colony is a chapter.

I am not promising anything (I have no direct connection with our colony there), but I think continued interest could possibly pay off. Go gently.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

It certainly didn't take very long for this thread to move over to that other site... ugh. Enough!
Old 09-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Ugh. What does it say on the other site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Does this happen much--groups trying to commandeer colonies? I have heard of it happening when a groups of friends join a WRC.