GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,513
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, baptrickmpitta8
» Online Users: 2,183
1 members and 2,182 guests
zjacksotivanov5

Old 04-25-2024, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol! Yeah, shit’s going to hit the fan when AI pops off. It’s going to be a shit show, no doubt.
For a long while I've been expecting GC, and all forum sites, to eventually experience a new massive wave of spam bots. But it'll be AI based spam bots. Spam bot tech has improved quite a bit over the years, but AI is going to take it to an entirely different level.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-25-2024, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
For a long while I've been expecting GC, and all forum sites, to eventually experience a new massive wave of spam bots. But it'll be AI based spam bots. Spam bot tech has improved quite a bit over the years, but AI is going to take it to an entirely different level.
Sounds like you’re insinuating that spambots using advanced AI will have usernames, and be able chat with the real people on here.
Old 04-25-2024, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
AI is replacing real people, so real people might just as well off one another.
That’s been happening for eons to innocent people and positive people who tried or try to bring peace.
Quote:
Lol! Yeah, shit’s going to hit the fan when AI pops off. It’s going to be a shit show, no doubt.
It’s like that right now (a massive “shit show”), without an AI takeover.
Quote:
Sounds like you’re insinuating that spambots using advanced AI will have usernames, and be able chat with the real people on here.
I think the bots are already able to do that? Right? I think? I mean, not like you’re saying, but don’t they already use usernames?
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 04-25-2024, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Spammers, via their spam bots, have been trying to do that here and on pretty much all forum sites for years. They just weren't all that great at it.

Although, I'm sure they probably still gained a lot of value out of spamming, though, when they were more successful at it / before we became better at blocking them.

There were times years ago when I would wake up to huge floods of spam that was posted overnight. Sometimes thousands of bot messages per day from many different bot accounts.

Even now, bots are still regularly trying to create accounts on GC in order to spam the site. The vast majority are automatically blocked & of those that do get through to creating accounts they are unable to unlock the accounts for posting.

Dealing with spam bots has basically been a cat and mouse game for a very long time. Not just for GC but for pretty much all websites in general.

My guess is that AI tech, once well implemented by spammers, will significantly improve their abilities.

Bots will become more difficult to detect, more able to get through all the hoops we put in their way to minimize their activity and better able to participate in forums without being noticed as bots.

That doesn't mean GC is doomed to future uncontrollable bot spam, though. The proliferation of AI bot spam tech probably is not going to happen immediately and even when it does we will still have a variety ways (maybe including new ways) to fight against it.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^
Old 04-25-2024, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Lane swerve.

CG, your Vikings just picked J.J. McCarthy in the draft. Get ready to cheer on a Michigan man as your quarterback this fall.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
It’s like that right now (a massive “shit show”), without an AI takeover.
But it’ll be worse when AI starts running things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Spammers, via their spam bots, have been trying to do that here and on pretty much all forum sites for years. They just weren't all that great at it.

Although, I'm sure they probably still gained a lot of value out of spamming, though, when they were more successful at it / before we became better at blocking them.

There were times years ago when I would wake up to huge floods of spam that was posted overnight. Sometimes thousands of bot messages per day from many different bot accounts.

Even now, bots are still regularly trying to create accounts on GC in order to spam the site. The vast majority are automatically blocked & of those that do get through to creating accounts they are unable to unlock the accounts for posting.

Dealing with spam bots has basically been a cat and mouse game for a very long time. Not just for GC but for pretty much all websites in general.

My guess is that AI tech, once well implemented by spammers, will significantly improve their abilities.

Bots will become more difficult to detect, more able to get through all the hoops we put in their way to minimize their activity and better able to participate in forums without being noticed as bots.

That doesn't mean GC is doomed to future uncontrollable bot spam, though. The proliferation of AI bot spam tech probably is not going to happen immediately and even when it does we will still have a variety ways (maybe including new ways) to fight against it.
Lmao! I’d be mad as hell if I was on here chatting with AI, thinking I’m chatting with a real person. Especially, if I thought they were cool, before learning I was having a deep conversation with AI Lol.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Lane swerve.

CG, your Vikings just picked J.J. McCarthy in the draft. Get ready to cheer on a Michigan man as your quarterback this fall.
Cheer for him? Hmmm… maaaaaaybe…

Nnnnnope! …not gonna do it.

Old 04-25-2024, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Cheer for him? Hmmm… maaaaaaybe…

Nnnnnope! …not gonna do it.

Lmao! CG is a trip!
Old 04-25-2024, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lmao! CG is a trip!
Okay, so my practice partner is a Michigan alum and fan. She sent me a text about that draft pick with a smiley at the end of her text. I’m just like.. uh..

Did you watch his last game though? The college championship? When I watched that game, I just felt like he really didn’t win the game for his team. He just like simply played mid to average. Know what I mean?
Old 04-26-2024, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Okay, so my practice partner is a Michigan alum and fan. She sent me a text about that draft pick with a smiley at the end of her text. I’m just like.. uh..

Did you watch his last game though? The college championship? When I watched that game, I just felt like he really didn’t win the game for his team. He just like simply played mid to average. Know what I mean?
No, CG, I don’t know what you mean. But I do know you’re player hatin on Michigan, Sciencewoman, and your vet partner right now Lol! If he takes the Vikings to a Super Bowl his rookie year, Sciencewoman is going to light your short, little ass up every day Lol!
Old 04-26-2024, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, CG, I don’t know what you mean. But I do know you’re player hatin on Michigan, Sciencewoman, and your vet partner right now Lol! If he takes the Vikings to a Super Bowl his rookie year, Sciencewoman is going to light your short, little ass up every day Lol!
lol
Hilarious! You are such an instigator. Are you kidding me? Blue Boy is NOT taking the Vikings to a Super Bowl. Favre was the last quarterback that could do that for Minnesota. Maybe Cousins. But, Blue Boy? Nope.

Oh, Dear God, my practice partner was just like J.J. McCarthy this and J.J. McCarthy that… She knows I’m anti-blue, so she just had to rub it in today. Glad she works the afternoon shift or I’d have been hearing it all day. Sheez!

$5 bucks Cousins takes Atlanta to the Super Bowl, now that he’s not with my Vikings anymore.
Old 04-27-2024, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm, let me think...did I watch his final game? I just can't remember if I watched the CFP championship or not. Huh. Lol.

If he did play at a lower level than usual, it may be because he was adjusting his performance in preparation for joining the Vikings, lol.

J.J. is your guy now. He really wanted to go to the Vikings, so give him a chance!

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 04-27-2024 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
Hilarious! You are such an instigator. Are you kidding me? Blue Boy is NOT taking the Vikings to a Super Bowl. Favre was the last quarterback that could do that for Minnesota. Maybe Cousins. But, Blue Boy? Nope.

Oh, Dear God, my practice partner was just like J.J. McCarthy this and J.J. McCarthy that… She knows I’m anti-blue, so she just had to rub it in today. Glad she works the afternoon shift or I’d have been hearing it all day. Sheez!

$5 bucks Cousins takes Atlanta to the Super Bowl, now that he’s not with my Vikings anymore.
CG, do you watch basketball or baseball? And Lol @ “blue boy”.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Hmmm, let me think...did I watch his final game? I just can't remember if I watched the CFP championship or not. Huh. Lol.

If he did play at a lower level than usual, it may be because he was adjusting his performance in preparation for joining the Vikings, lol.

J.J. is your guy now. He really wanted to go to the Vikings, so give him a chance!
Meanie!

My Vikings are cursed. J.J. will eventually see that and go to another team.
Quote:
CG, do you watch basketball or baseball? And Lol @ “blue boy”.
I only like baseball if I’m at an actual game or if the Twins make it to the playoffs. Normally, I don’t watch basketball, at all. I’m only watching it now because the Timberwolves are in the playoffs.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m in my world right now — sitting in my man-cave looking at my cars.

I ordered a Danbury Mint 1954 Corvette (limited edition). It got delivered today. I’ve also decided to separate my Franklin Mint Corvettes from my Danbury Mints — the Corvettes only. It will be fun to compare the two. Second to Christ and my family, cars are my first love. The only love second to auto design is automotive history. I just love it. I can talk automotive history all day. It’s just really amazing at how many car companies there once were, back in the day.