GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,533
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, agregoradarky21
» Online Users: 1,737
0 members and 1,737 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2006, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

New Thread.

John H (Adminstrator) has come up with a great idea for the Recruitment Forum so that it can be broken down between Fraternitys and Sororitys, undergraduate and Alumni.

While there have been very few AI Fraternity situations, it does happen.

Lambda Chi Alpha does have AI, but with certain restrictions.

1. Faculty Advisor who has shown interest in joining after advising for a period of time.

2. A person that has shown interest and has worked with a local chapter.

3. A member of a local that has graduated from College after affiliation with Lambda Chi Alpha..

If all this has been done, then the local chapter can petition the Grand High Zeta (Board of Directors) for approval.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Inane comments aside, Sigma Nu's process is very similar. I've never heard of someone unknown to a chapter to approach that chapter as a non-matriculate regarding Alumni Initiation. I imagine that if it were to happen, they would probably not receive any serious consideration.

I've participated directly in one AI (I petitioned our High Council on behalf of a now-brother whose initiation they approved -- our faculty advisor, and a dean) and I served in an advisory role in a second initiation of a man who had been more active and more helpful towards our chapter than most active brothers had been for a long long period of time. High Council approved his initiation as well.

Other than that though, I understand that the practice is extremely rare. If anyone is reading this and thinking about Alumni Initiation, unless you are already intimately involved with a Sigma Nu chapter, I personally don't think his chances are very good at all.

Finally, I'm not sure why this thread is in this forum as (I think) that the purpose of this forum is to discuss recruitment in active chapters. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
The purpose of this forum is to discuss aspects of recruitment that are specific to mens fraternities and/or co-ed fraternities that may have started out as men-only. Since the AI requirements for mens fraternties are different, you are free to discuss them here or in the AI forum, whichever suits your purpose better.

I hope we see a lot more male involvement in the Recruitment forum with this new sub-forum dedicated especially to fraternity issues.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:08 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax
The purpose of this forum is to discuss aspects of recruitment that are specific to mens fraternities and/or co-ed fraternities that may have started out as men-only. Since the AI requirements for mens fraternties are different, you are free to discuss them here or in the AI forum, whichever suits your purpose better.

I hope we see a lot more male involvement in the Recruitment forum with this new sub-forum dedicated especially to fraternity issues.
very cool.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!