GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,517
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,069
2 members and 2,067 guests
PGD-GRAD, zisaacivanovoz9

Old 09-02-2000, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
10:00 Thursday nights: Waffle House (If you don't know.. Waffle House is this tiny, greasy dive restaurant that's open 24 hrs, serving breakfast or dinner. They only have 2 types of waffles: plain or pecan.. so I don't know where the name came from).
I know exactly what you're talking about. When I go outta town, my family and I always go to Waffle House! I love it! It's so quaint and the food is yummy! But sometimes, I wish they'd build a bigger Waffle House..like a Super Waffle House! Mmmmmm! More waffles!

Quote:
BTR-Born to Run. This is the campus' naked student run, every Reading Day @ midnight. A tradition from the '70s. Anyone can run.. everyone wathces (and brings cameras.. yikes!).
Hey we do this too!! You've must have heard about it. It's gotten so big since I've been here. It's all on the news now. It's kinda annoying. I don't even go to watch the people. Yuck! The first time I went, I couldn't believe people were gonna run naked. I was like "yeah whatever, this is a joke". Nope. No joke. They were buck naked! After about 10 min, I was totally grossed out. I couldn't take it. So now I go to socialize w/ my friends. Usually, people I haven't seen all year come out and so it turned out to be a great time to socialize w/ people before finals start

Quote:
ZChi... I lived in Ann Arbor w/ some friends the summer of '97 & fell in love with that city! There's just no place like it..from the people to the environment to the billion coffee shops and bagel shops. I really liked how you could walk ANYWHERE. I lived on S. Forest near S. University. If it weren't for the winters, I'd probably move there now. You really brought back some memories. And my step-dad is a huge U of M fan.
Awesome! I love A^2 also! I'm thinking about staying here permanently. But I'm not sure. The winters can be quite brutal. I can't seem to get used to them (even though I've lived in Michigan all my life!) So I know what ya mean. But A^2 is awesome. It's really alive right now w/ everyone coming back. But of course, when you crowd 37,000 people in this town, parking goes to hell and the lines for restaurants, stores, etc are just atrocious! There's definitely some ups and downs about it. Overall, I still love it!
Oh and it's ALL about UofM football! GO BLUE!!!!! Your step-dad is a wise man

[This message has been edited by ZChi4Life (edited September 02, 2000).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-02-2000, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Talking

ZChi,
You must be talking about the "Naked Mile". I actually have a friend who ran in it a couple years ago. She wasn't wearing anything but shoes & her backpack (w/ all of her clothes).

She said it was weird because there were points where they would just stop and walk because it was so crowded. So she would be standing there naked and look over and see people she knew! LOL

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com
Phi Beta Fraternity
Phi chapter
Old 09-02-2000, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

SilverTurtle,
Yes, there are TONS of people that come out! It's amazing how many people know about this event. And the runners will just walk around naked like "la la la la"....like they have clothes on! Like I said, the local news stations come and broadcast from the Mile now. It's gotten so outta hand. My sophomore year, the runners and other watchers were so rowdy w/ the news crews coming out, that they broke one news crew's camera! It's terrible. Then we have all these fiends out there videotaping and taking pics and putting it on the internet. I decided very quickly that I was NOT running. I just don't have the guts to do that. Most people I hear get totally drunk before doing it though. And since I don't drink that much that method is out for me.
It's quite an event though...
Old 09-02-2000, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH Yeah!

We won!

Michigan 42 Bowling Green 7

Yeah baby!!!!!!