GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,591
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, bavelsylittle11
» Online Users: 1,487
1 members and 1,486 guests
Sister Havana
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, just making sure we didn't time travel back to 1975 haha
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-17-2016, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Preference today! Good luck to all.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

It's so cold today in Bloomington--only 17 degrees and windy. And it will drop from there. Think good thoughts for those ladies, walking from house to house in coats and preference outfits.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

What a shame.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Not many updates this year...
Old 01-18-2016, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Here are my impressions from this year-

The "uniform" for PNMs was Hunter Boots (nothing like $150 rubber boots) and black quilted down coats. In the past, these were almost always NorthFace, but this year the brands seemed to vary.

The long straight hair of the past couple of years was now mixed with some that had some curl to the ends. The long hair is still around. I don't even want to know how much money is spent on draino to clear all the hair clogs in the showers...

The comment on who had the best videos amuses me because the same company did almost all of the videos. And from what I can tell, they are almost all the same. (most are up on Facebook and/or YouTube).

And finally, for preference at the AOII house, the PNMs are announced from the top of the stairs in the entryway and then they walk down the steps to meet the person that will be speaking with them. No one fell down the steps this year...

Oh, and I'm tired. And one of the Rho Gammas asked me if I was an active collegate member. I'm 40 something. lol

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 01-18-2016, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
Here are my impressions from this year-

The "uniform" for PNMs was Hunter Boots (nothing like $150 rubber boots) and black quilted down coats. In the past, these were almost always NorthFace, but this year the brands seemed to vary.

The long straight hair of the past couple of years was now mixed with some that had some curl to the ends. The long hair is still around. I don't even want to know how much money is spent on draino to clear all the hair clogs in the showers...

The comment on who had the best videos amuses me because the same company did almost all of the videos. And from what I can tell, they are almost all the same. (most are up on Facebook and/or YouTube).

And finally, for preference at the AOII house, the PNMs are announced from the top of the stairs in the entryway and then they walk down the steps to meet the person that will be speaking with them. No one fell down the steps this year...

Oh, and I'm tired. And one of the Rho Gammas asked me if I was an active collegate member. I'm 40 something. lol
Love the recap! And props for being mistaken as an active, too.
The long straight hair is a thing everywhere. It's always interesting to look at my composite from the eighties and see that people actually had different hairstyles (all poofy, but different).
Old 01-18-2016, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIILisa View Post
Love the recap! And props for being mistaken as an active, too.
The long straight hair is a thing everywhere. It's always interesting to look at my composite from the eighties and see that people actually had different hairstyles (all poofy, but different).
For Bid Day last year I picked my Bid Day buddy (girl you hold up a sign with her name on it for) because she was the only girl with short hair that I'd seen during recruitment, so I knew I would be able to find her right away in the crowd. I think we've since upgraded in my chapter to a whopping two girls with short hair
Old 01-18-2016, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone know if the pnm #'s are comparable to last year? I haven't heard much about that...
Old 01-18-2016, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrabblemomb View Post
Does anyone know if the pnm #'s are comparable to last year? I haven't heard much about that...
What number do you want? The number that registered? The number that started at 22 party? The number that continued on after grade cuts? The number that made it to pref?

Old 01-18-2016, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I was wondering how many started at the 22 party and the number that made it to preference round. I am hoping that more girls who made it to preference have a chance for a bid than in previous years. I have heard that each chapter is being told to take at least 50 girls.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was wondering how many started at the 22 party and the number that made it to preference round. I am hoping that more girls who made it to preference have a chance for a bid than in previous years. I have heard that each chapter is being told to take at least 50 girls.
Fifty is the minimum quota, some chapters will take more than that. In previous years, many of the chapters took between 52-56, with a few taking 60. I cannot imagine having pref on Sunday and then having to wait until Tuesday for Bid Day.

I will be interested to see the final statistics as well.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if this is true, I read it on the "other" site - but can you be invited to three Prefs, rank them all, and then still not receive a bid? That sounds so brutal!
Old 01-18-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerriMarie View Post
I don't know if this is true, I read it on the "other" site - but can you be invited to three Prefs, rank them all, and then still not receive a bid? That sounds so brutal!
Yes. But a lot of times the rushees have done it to themselves by deciding certain chapters are beneath them. They end up at 3 pref parties where they are hanging on by their fingernails, whereas if they'd been more open minded they would be at parties with groups who truly want them as members.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Over 1900 women signed up for recruitment, but only 1650ish started at 22 party. I believe around 550 are considered "departed pnm's", however many of these are women that dropped out of recruitment because they didn't get back the houses they wanted, NOT because they were released from recruitment.

Yes, each house must take at least 50.

Closed Thread