GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,577
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annagoolet2907
» Online Users: 1,943
1 members and 1,942 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 10-03-2003, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

whos all out there

hey, my name is matt and i am a PIKE from East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma. I just wanted to see if anyone is out there it doesnt seem like there is many replys anymore. i am new to this site and i think it is an awsome way to meet brothers from all around the world we need to get more of them on this site. hope to hear from someone.

phi phi,
Matt Collins
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-06-2003, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you serious

Are brothers too busy to talk to eachother.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Ginger

I'm a soon to be Pike Wife, so I'll say hi to you

My fiance is Al Washburn of the Kappa Omega chapter at UW-Whitewater. Founding brother
Old 10-06-2003, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

congrats

thank you, and congratulations. i am engaged to a zeta, but we wont be getting married for another 2 or 3 years. i want to have my masters. hope everything is going well for your fiance. tell him if he ever needs help getting started there are a lot of brothers out here going through the same thing. thank you for responding.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I Don't think A Lot Of Guys Know About

the site. You have to look for it outside the context of the main board. Maybe National could create a board just for Pikes.
Anyway, Matt, congratulations on the success of your chapter; I understand Epsilon Omega is excellent. phi phi
Old 10-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Ginger

Thanks mattpike... and congrats to you too!

We're actually both several years out of school, but the chapter is flourishing! It was founded 5 years ago, and it's now the strongest, most popular, best-reputed chapter on campus. They even have a house already!

They are a chapter to be proud of!!

http://www.uwwpikes.org
Old 10-07-2003, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

hello

thank you firehouse. we are currently rebuilding but have already doubled our size to 35 members. we have a strong pledge class that will be very capable to take charge when their time comes. we let our numbers drop to nearly 15 members. just rushed the wrong guys and payed for it. have you ever been to the pike only website. its members only and very cool. e mail me and i will send you the website.

to ginger. i was a founding father at the university of central oklahoma so I know its a difficult journey getting started. we were chartered in 2002 and just now got a house we are number one on campus in every aspect. social, academic, scholar, athletic. in every area. but good luck with everything.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

from miller to collins

hey send me that website, matthewmiller66@yahoo.com. or tell me in person,
Old 10-15-2003, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

is that all thats out there

come on i see you viewing it stop on in and say something. just where your from or something its no fun when no one writes, thats what the message board is for.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Matt...

If you'll look around there's not much continuing activity on the other boards either. However, if you wanted to get some talk going here's what to do: get some wallet size cards printed up (cheap) with this website address on them, plus your name and phone number and some more copy I'll give you in a minute. Ask the chapter consultants to hand them out to their chapters when they visit. Send them to Memphis, or give them to your consultant, and make sure each consultant has at least 100 cards. Better yet, follow up a phone call by you to each Regional President (if they still have those), send them cards and ask them to distribute the cards to all his regional conference attendees.
This does several things, all of them good. First, it gets you what you want: participation and other guys on this site. Second, it establishes you a creative go-getter and someone who Memphis needs to involve in the Fraternity heriarchy.
Here's the copy: Brothers - my name is (whatever it is) from ____ chapter. My phone number is ____. There is an existing Pike-discussion website but it's not used and no one knows about it. Please dial up this site: ________. This is exclusively Pike, and it's free. We can exchange good ideas about rush, pledging, parties, problems, brag on ourselves and/or solve the issues that confront us. Phi Phi K A I hope to see you on the site!

Have that printed on those cards and put them into the hands of as many individual Brothers as possible. You will become a legend.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

thanks

thats not a bad idea at all. i just think that if we could all communicate it would help every chapter out. we could discuss problems and find out how other chapters deal with it. cause to be honest with you our chapter was hurting. but thanks to some advise from some good brothers we are making an awsome comeback. we have doubled our chapter size with this pledge class. we just needed some original ideas to set us apart from the competition. people dont come to this school with intentions of going greek, its not really known for greek life. so we had to adapt, cause times are changing, and you just cant get away with what used to work. we are still working things out but if we could consult with other chapters on how they deal with this issue maybe we could make an even better turn around. we are still best on campus but are numbers have seen better days. thanks for the idea and best wishes to you.
phi phi
Matt
Old 10-16-2003, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PiKA_Phil
hey hey! lambda alpha right here!

ppKa,

Phil
Old 10-17-2003, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

hey

i was a founding father of lambda iota, at the university of central oklahoma. founded in 2002 when were you guys founded.
Old 10-17-2003, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PiKA_Phil
founded january 22nd 2000.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

My Boy Collins

I would just like to express what a breathy of fresh air matt collins is aka mattpike. ive only known him a short time but i would like to express what a brother he is. he has already helped the epsilon omega chapter in many ways.

phi phi k a
matt