GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,701
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, zadisonjnr5478
» Online Users: 807
1 members and 806 guests
g41965

Old 02-19-2003, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

has anyone tried...

www.campusfundraiser.com?

I saw an ad, decided to check out the website and it says some groups have made as much as $4,000-$7,000 in three days.

Most of the programs look like magazine drive type stuff.

If you look at the top money raisers theyre mostly greek orgs at different colleges - Anyone have any experience?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-26-2003, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MSSTCY1
My Sorority is actually doing that in a couple weeks!!

It actually sounds really easy. I don't know if it goes on the size of your group or not, but what they told us is all we have to do is sell 60 magazines and we got $1200. If we don't sell 60 (we only have 18 girls so there is a chance of that) then we get $10 per magazine that we do sell.

There is no risk so even if it works out to be a bust or if we don't get what they say we don't lose anything.

I remember doing this in high school and I know my senior class made something like $30,000 off of it ( we had to sell 12 each). So I think its a good idea!

BTW- you only get like 4 days to do it!! So everyone has to haul ass for a few days
Old 03-06-2003, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to slamit93 Send a message via Yahoo to slamit93
We did it... Personally, I will never deal with them again... we had about 40 brothers at the time, and we were supposed to sell 120 subscriptions... and by the way, it is based on the number of people in the chapter... 3 per person... if you don't sell 3 per person, you only get 10 dollars back on a 40 dollar subscription... anyway, we sold 24, and got 240 dollars, and for the amount of work that I put into it, (I am the fundraising char) I would have almost rather just paid the 240 bucks to the chapter myself... The prices are crap... the subscriptions are to magazines that nobody wants, and the only subscriptions that we sold were mercy subscriptions from our parents... I even went the extra mile and added incentives, like free dues for a year to the person that sold the most if we hit 120, and other stuff, and we still didn't come close... Maybe you have more motivated (or wealthier) members, but I hated this fundraiser! If you want to see a list of the magazines they offer, go to... http://oxhb.tripod.com/mags1.html which is a page on our website that I added, and sent out a mass email to our alumni trying to get them to buy some... at least you can see how shitty their selection is... anyway, now that I am done trashing them, I am headed to the bar!
Old 03-25-2003, 04:59 AM
GreekChat Member

OKay, so we are starting to do it..... and I have to agree with slamit93... nope, not a good idea.. unless you have like 100 members, where not everyone even has to sell one. While its not a losing situation, its still going to be a pretty crappy outcome,
IowaHawkeye let me know what happened to you guys
Old 03-25-2003, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

it doesn't matter how many members you have... they make you sell 3 per member... the best way to make it work is to lie about the number of members and then make copies of it all.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

whats do you mean make copies?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

make copies of all of the information they send you... pamphlets, reciepts, etc... if you tell them that you have half as many people as you actually do, the will send you half as many packets as you need, and you then make the other half of them yourself... that way you only have to sell 1.5 per person instead of 3... the packets you make aren't quite as nice because they are black and white, and not in color, but itdoesn't really matter... what matters is that you don't have to sell as many of their crappy magazines.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:06 AM
GreekChat Member

The girl setting it up said that the minimum was 60/ per group. Is she full of shit and just didn't listen?
Old 04-13-2003, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure... there might be a minimum of 60... we had 35 guys at the time, so we had to sell 105... we sold 12... seriously, don't waste your time
Old 04-20-2003, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

DON'T TRY IT.

We had a horrible experience with them; the rep they sent didn't know what he was doing, and it took us forever to get our money. We got some decent money, but dealing with the people was not worth it.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

We made $1000 off of it. I don't think we'll do it again though. There were only around 25 magazines to choose from and everyone bascially just scammed the money out of their parents. The magazines were way too much money to even try to sell to college students. The money wasn't bad, but it just wasn't the greatest way to earn it.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Horrible Fundraiser

This was really really bad. I didn't have the heart to try and sell anyone these crappy subscriptions. There is a very limited selection of magazines, the length of the subscription is way too long in some cases 40 months and too brief in others just 8 issues of Maxim, and to top it off the prices are not as good as the magazines offer themselves.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MSSTCY1
The girl setting it up said that the minimum was 60/ per group. Is she full of shit and just didn't listen?
There is a minimum of 60, because we had less than 20 sisters at the time we did it, and we had to sell 60, which, guess what, we didn't. The thing that really ticked me off is that the 2/$25 special only counts as a half subscription. We got really screwed because a local on our campus did this fundraiser about a week before we did.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to enlightenment06
praise be to God! I love GreekChat!! My chapter was thinking of doing campus fundraisers but now that I've heard you're stories we definitely will not. Thanks alot fellow GC'ers!