GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,572
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, jhngooglet5007
» Online Users: 2,491
1 members and 2,490 guests
navane

Old 06-28-2001, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile DG women at your school??

Obviously I am a Delta Gamma and I was just wondering how Delta Gamma is at other schools. At Morehead we are the good all around women. We have good grades, we are involved in lot's of activities, we love to have tons of fun, we have strong sisterhood, and are definately one of the top sororities that girls want to rush!!! However, there have been people who have told me that Delta Gamma's aren't so great at their schools!!! So, I was just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks!!!!

~Anchored in DG~
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-28-2001, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bigdu
the dg's at purdue are sweet, smart, cute, involved in everything on campus and one of the best houses here and have a big rivalry with the kappa's since they are next door to each other. all an all though i've met alot of them and i haven't met one i didn't like
Old 06-28-2001, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.dmdesignstudios.com/greek...eltagamma.html

There's some pictures of the DG's at CU-Boulder. They're all gorgeous. I know they've been a very strong chapter on that campus for a really long time.
Old 06-28-2001, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

The DG's at Iowa are absolutely the most fabulous women!!! DG was one of my top choices during recruitment and it seems like they always get beautiful quality women. They are one of the houses with the highest GPA's, very involved in outside activities, raised the most money for Dance Marathon, and are always very positive and outgoing on campus. You should be very proud of your DG sisters at the Tau chapter
Old 06-28-2001, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

The Delta Gamma's at IUP, Indiana University of Pennsylvaia, are a very strong chapter. They have great grades, are very involved, and are one of the top 4 sororities. The DG's I know are great women, and fun to hang out with.
Old 06-28-2001, 02:38 PM

Thumbs up

THere were 3 DGs in my floor last year. I go to Northern Illinois. I got along with the two of them (the other one kinda kept to herself and didnt socialize that much w/ her floormates)and of the two, I am close friends with one, in fact, we hang out together in the summer since she was my only college friend who actually lived by me. I don't know any of their other sisters but the two that I know they are pretty,smart,well dressed and fun gals to go partying with...we even trade partying clothes! They even tried to get me to go to informal rush over the spring...let's just say if i wasn't in PSE already I would have .

------------------
"To supress our feelings only makes them stronger"--from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Old 06-28-2001, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
I know a about 10 DG's from 4 different schools and they are all fabulous, intelligent, amazing women. One of my best friends is a DG from UVA. The DGs at USC (Southern Cal) are a great chapter! I've never known a DG who didn't hold her head high and act as a credit to her sorority.

Its amazing to me, how alike women of the same GLO can be from chapter to chapter. I've been in touch with so many XOs from this board--from chapters that are a few years old to chapters that are 100 years old, from chapters that are #1 on campus, to chapters that are weaker on their campus and we all share the values and purposes, and sense of kindness and friendship that drew us to XO in the first place. I imagine you all find the same thing with your own GLOs.
Old 06-28-2001, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by veruca76:
http://www.dmdesignstudios.com/greek...eltagamma.html

There's some pictures of the DG's at CU-Boulder. They're all gorgeous. I know they've been a very strong chapter on that campus for a really long time.
Thank you so much for the pictures!!!! They were great and really let me see what other DG chapters are involved in!!! I really appreciate it.

Also thank you to everyone who has replied to my post!!! I really appreciate it!!!
Old 06-28-2001, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gamma here at Florida State is one of the elite. They are beautiful, popular, nice. Anchor Splash is huge.
Old 06-30-2001, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow...its great to hear so many positive remarks about my sisters. I am a DG at the University of North Florida. We are still a fairly new chapter here, but we are building a great sisterhood in Jacksonville. I have met DGs from all over and they never fail to impress me. I love my sisters, and am proud to be a Delta Gamma!
Old 07-01-2001, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Awwwwww Yay for Delta Gamma!!!!! hey twiggs! miss you tons!!!! can't wait to see you at the retreat. I'm definatley proud to be a DG and even more proud of my growing chapter. Thanks for all your guys' posts about delta gamma they were really sweet.

Nicole
Eta Delta-UNF

Hot Damn Delta Gam!!!
Old 08-21-2001, 04:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DGpledge
Talking

It'll nearly be a year since I rushed and joined DG, & I've got to say...it's 1 of the best decisiond I've made in college! I love all my sisters...funny how DG's are great all around
Old 08-21-2001, 09:38 AM

Thumbs up

Here is Delta Gamma's 3 Canadian chapters!!!

At UBC in Vancouver, BC, Canada: http://www.geocities.com/ubcdg/

and at University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada: http://www.geocities.com/lil_deegee/index.html

and at Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, ON, Canada: http://www.wlu.ca/~wwwss/greek/delgam/

Yay! Delta Gamma!
Old 12-09-2001, 12:28 AM

The secretary I had during my first job out of college was a Delta Gamma from one of the southern schools. She was very friendly and nice and never seemed to have a bad day. She was also a super hard worker. Just a delight to be around.

She is the only DG I know/knew personally, but she reflected quite favorably on her sisterhood!
Old 12-09-2001, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DukeBlue
DG at Duke is wonderful. Nice, down-to-earth girls, I've liked every Duke DG that I've met. They're well-respected, too, by pretty much everyone.