GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,611
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, zlogantpz7495
» Online Users: 1,117
0 members and 1,117 guests
No Members online

Old 11-12-2003, 12:20 AM
Banned

I'm taking the virginity of this forum!!!

This is the first post in dating and relationships. Lets try to have fun in here.

So, who is having dating problems? I can help you.

Last edited by cashmoney; 11-12-2003 at 12:28 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-12-2003, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I just realized I have a crush on a GREAT friend of mine. It kinda just happened. Not sure how to bridge that gap. We run around in the same circle so it may be a little wierd..
Old 11-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by XOAlumXO
I just realized I have a crush on a GREAT friend of mine. It kinda just happened. Not sure how to bridge that gap. We run around in the same circle so it may be a little wierd..

Crushes on GREAT friends never end good if they go beyond a crush. The reason being because somewhere down the line the spark is gonna end but the two of you will still be in the same circle. Catch my drift? For example, my friend Kristin is probably my best girl friend in the world. But, up until this past year she liked me insanely. I never liked her in that way. People thought I was crazy. She even got breast implants to try to win me over, it didnt work. So, since she coouldn't win me, she ended up sleeping with one of my best friends. She still hung out with my circle. Anytime I had a party she was there. And now that we've moved from Gainesville, I found out she moved to Jacksonville like me. Now she has a new boyfriend. They've been dating for a long time now. He's actually a good friend of mine. I hang out with them a couple times a week and they cook dinner for me. However, I don't have the heart to tell him how she was back in the day. And one night I thought it was going to come out while we were partying at my place in the wee hours of the morning. Surprisingly, she ended up saying that she's never met a guy like me whos never tried anything on her and she's so glad that we never did anything and instead kept our friendship so that now it has become even more closer than what its ever been.

The moral: A crush is just that, a crush. Later on down the road you'll be glad you didnt persue it any further and instead remained good friends.

Last edited by cashmoney; 11-12-2003 at 12:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

damn. have you become a dating therapist?
Old 11-12-2003, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by smiley21
Oh oh, who do you think the mod of this new forum should be?

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 11-12-2003, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

okay help me

There is a girl that I like but she has a boyfriend. Her boyfriend sucks at life and makes her life miserable. How do I make them break up so that I can go out with her?
Old 11-12-2003, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I, for once, don't actually like anyone. And I am the most boy crazy person in the entire world so this is really weird for me. I just don't have anytime right now, not even for myself. Oh well, give it a week I am sure I will find someone haha.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Optimist Prime
okay help me

There is a girl that I like but she has a boyfriend. Her boyfriend sucks at life and makes her life miserable. How do I make them break up so that I can go out with her?

OP-

This is a delicate matter. I'll try to explain it as simple as I can.

How long have her and her Bf been dating? If they've been dating for awhile you're gonna have your work cut out for you. Even so, you can win her over. What you need to do is to distract her. If her life is miserable then you need to be the one to bring new life and happiness to her. Since she has a BF you can't be too forward with her in the realm of your feelings. I suggest you ask her to go out with you one night inorder to get her mind off of all the crap thats going on in her life. Asker her if she wants to go do something, something in a freindship way. Most girls don't like to cheat on their BFs, therefore you need to become her friend first. You need to be someone she can talk to about anything. If you really like this girl I suggest you show her you care about her and her feelings. Show her you want her to be happy. Sooner or later, if shes smart, she'll realize what a great guy you are and things will take off from there. Relationships work best when the two of you are both best of friends and lovers. Be respectful to her and her current relationship, tell her you only want to see the best things happen for her. I suggest you do little things for her that shows you think of her. Maybe send her some flowers and a card that says you want to brighten her day/week up. You need to spend time on the phone with her and write her cute little emails. After a little time has passed, then you need to tell her that she deserves so much better and that as much as she may like her BF, she needs to think later on down the road and what would be best for him. Explain to her that she's not going to change him but rather he has to change himself and sometimes the best thing to do is to leave someone inorder for them to get their life together. She'll get the idea. As I said, its delicate when a girl has a BF. After you have that talk with her, give her some time to think about it, then you can start back up doing some things with her. After she dumps him, she'll start to miss the companionship that she had with them and see you as the person thats been there as far as a male goes. It'll take off from there, trust me. I've done it too many times to count.

Cash-
Old 11-12-2003, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

I've been the dating threapist for a while now.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cashmoney
I've been the dating threapist for a while now.
well you sure dont lack in the experience department
Old 11-12-2003, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie
Holy Crap! You're good!

You don't have to tell me I'm a pimp, I know it.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
well you sure dont lack in the experience department

No lacking here, I know women far better than most guys do. And honestly, I think its because of most the people I hang out with. Most of my friends are older than me. I've learn both from exp and lessons.

Last edited by cashmoney; 11-12-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks buddy.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Not my problem, but I discussed it in AIM chats so here goes..

My friend had a boyfriend whom she loved for about 4 or 5 years. They broke up a few years ago, but they still date and see each other socially. She still loves him and wants a future with him. He said to her that he couldn't handle the pressure of a commitment right now. Anyway, they have been off and on for a couple of years now. All of their friends know how she feels about him.

The problem is a few weeks ago one of her friends asked him to be her date to a wedding. She never discussed it with my friend. She did discuss it with some of their friends. Quite a few of their friends knew about the date. My friend was hurt, upset, and shocked that her friend asked him out. Moreover, she is hurt that their friends knew about this, and never told her. There was a lot of secrecy and deception about this date. I feel really bad for her. She was, and still is, really devastated. I am not sure what to say or do to help her deal with this. This really isn't about dating per se as much as it is about respecting a friend's feelings. Meanwhile, the guy thinks that he was doing her friend a favor. He didn't think of it as a date. What do you suggest?
Old 11-12-2003, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Ok, here's another one for you...

How do you tell a guy you want more than a sexual relationship without him getting all defensive and blowing you off?

I've tried before, but he gets all weird, then stops talking to me for days, sometimes weeks and when he does start to talk to me it just starts the whole cycle all over again.
I'm not asking him to make a commitment, unless of course it's something he wants too. But how do I tell him how I feel without him freaking out?