GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,564
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, zabenjainswifto
» Online Users: 2,120
2 members and 2,118 guests
flamboyanttree, zabenjainswifto

Old 08-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Unregistered-

Mission: MAN BAND

Some may not agree with me, but I'm really diggin' VH1's Reality Show lineup lately.

Anyone going to catch Mission: MAN BAND tonight? It'll follow ex-boy band members on their mission to rid themselves of their former image and attempt to make a comeback.

From the VH1 site:

Quote:
Four boy band legends: Chris Kirkpatrick (N*SYNC); Jeff Timmons (98 Degrees); Rich Cronin (LFO) and Bryan Abrams (Color Me Badd) will live together for one month, create new music, a dynamic stage show and perform as a new pop group. Each member of the band finds himself at a different stage in his career. Some are confident, financially comfortable and just looking to make new music. Some have been forced to take a day job and still others may have faced profound life challenges like divorce and illness. Now with 20/20 hindsight, can they avoid the pitfalls of the past? If they are given all of the tools will they let go of old baggage, move forward and make fresh pop magic for a brand new audience?
I've always thought Jeff from 98 Degrees was hot. I'm glad to see that he looks the same. I saw the previews last week and I did not know that Rich from LFO was diagnosed with leukemia and is now in remission. But the most surprising of them all was Bryan Abrams of CMB.

Holy hell!

Then

Now

I still remember that 90210 episode where Kelly gives him a dollar for the vending machine. Still one of my favorite episodes.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-06-2007, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh I missed it! But the show actually looks intriguing to me too, mostly because of Jeff from 98 Degrees as well...he was always my favorite.

I'll have to get my TiVo on it!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

I actually know Bryan and his wife. Met the baby a few times also. They're great people. His new wife has been great for him. His ex, a news anchor in NYC is (in my opinion) a pretty rotten person though. Originally, he was doing a different sort of reality show (I thought). Good luck to him. If there's any sort of voting, y'all need to vote for Abrams.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma

Last edited by Kevin; 08-06-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
I still remember that 90210 episode where Kelly gives him a dollar for the vending machine. Still one of my favorite episodes.
That episode came on Soap Net last week! I dropped what I was doing and watched!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
So of course I bought Intouch magazine while buying beer at the store... b/c i've been wanting to know what's up with brad and angelina.... and i'm looking through it and I see this article about MAN BAND.... I was shocked to see bryan too... and I thought the guy from LFO looked a little off, so luekemia makes sense, (sad though )
i prob won't watch it, but it's interesting.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I actually know Bryan and his wife. Met the baby a few times also. They're great people. His new wife has been great for him. His ex, a news anchor in NYC is (in my opinion) a pretty rotten person though. Originally, he was doing a different sort of reality show (I thought). Good luck to him. If there's any sort of voting, y'all need to vote for Abrams.
That's awesome you know him IRL! At the time of filming, he mentioned that he and the wife were expecting another one...wow. Judging from his bit, he hasn't had the greatest life after Color Me Badd folded. They mention his alcoholism in next week's trailers.

Man Band isn't a voting-type of show, but rather it follows the guys over a three-week period. They got their hard-ass manager in the first episode and they'll be hooked up with the best songwriters and producers in the industry.

Not sure yet if it's fame and fortune they're seeking, and I really doubt that's the case. I think they're just seeking to shed their boy-band image while trying to "make it" in the industry now that they've aged and matured. Looks like it's gonna be rough, though -- the previews showed them being booed at a basketball game.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for all of them after the first episode. Still, I wouldn't mind having a Jeff Timmons blanket!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
That's awesome you know him IRL! At the time of filming, he mentioned that he and the wife were expecting another one...wow. Judging from his bit, he hasn't had the greatest life after Color Me Badd folded. They mention his alcoholism in next week's trailers.
Yeah. His wife has been there for him though. She's a really strong person -- probably one of the best things that ever happened to Mr. Abrams. I don't think his life has been horrible. It hasn't been rock-star-like, but it hasn't been horrible either. He's just been an average guy from south OKC since the whole music thing faded.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-11-2007, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the epsiode a few days ago... I don't really think it's something I'd follow.

It was the same "oooooh wah wah, this is so tough, I don't know what I'm doing here and I am thinking of going home" episode.