GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,563
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, VickiWhita
» Online Users: 2,099
3 members and 2,096 guests
mlanderson, PGD-GRAD, Tridentia

Old 09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

CRUSH PARTY HELP!

I want to have a crush party with my sorority, but I don't really know how the process works. Everyone gives me the name and address of their crush, I sent out anonymous invites, and then they come...

But I want to think of a cute way for each girl to reveal to her crush who is she is. At one party, guys gave us ties and then we wore them, they came to the party, and took back their tie. How can I do that in the opposite way, with girls?

Thanks for help!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-07-2008, 08:23 AM
GreekChat Member

We didn't do crush parties. We did blind date parties. The sister we were paired with brought a blind date for us to the party-of course it was usually our crush.

The show Greek just had a crush party this past week, FYI.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Our crush parties were probably the favorite every year. We asked each girl to give us the names of three guys she'd like invited. Then we traditionally announced the crushes by putting their names on a poster in the middle of campus. We sent the details to them in email. We usually held the party somewhere nostalgic, since crushes are silly...especially when you never reveal who has a crush on who, which is the way we kept it.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty.in.Pink View Post
I want to have a crush party with my sorority, but I don't really know how the process works. Everyone gives me the name and address of their crush, I sent out anonymous invites, and then they come...

But I want to think of a cute way for each girl to reveal to her crush who is she is. At one party, guys gave us ties and then we wore them, they came to the party, and took back their tie. How can I do that in the opposite way, with girls?

Thanks for help!
What has been done here before, is that the girl sends an anonymous note to the guy saying dress up like this....that could be, a football player, a miner, something anything.

Then the girl shows up as the counterpart.

One of my friends told her date to dress up as a football player from their hometown team (cuz she knew he had the jersey in his closet)...then she showed up as a cheerleader.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke