GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,565
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, arbertosusasd45
» Online Users: 2,002
0 members and 2,002 guests
No Members online

Old 01-14-2001, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face One day Informal Rush ...? Help

I am going to be rushing this spring in our Informal rush. I found out that the sorority that I am rushing is only having one day of rush. Most of the other sororities have scheduled two days back to back for their rushes. What does this mean...can you find out all you need from just one day? They already know I am rushing and they are sending me info personally but, it sort of makes me nervous that they only are having one day. What will they cram into one day?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-14-2001, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Jules, rushing is two fold, to go with the biggest group, or to find the group you are most comfortable being with. You should and will know who that is by just being with them. It is not All Animal House! I sincerely hope you go with where your heart is as you will never regret it. We are having our 35 th Anniversary of the local I started and today as a Brother of Lambda Chi Alph. I am still very active, not just because of the Brothers I was with, but the Brothers I keep meeting!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 01-14-2001, 08:53 PM

Cool

Hi Jules -

They may have a smaller group of rushees in mind than the other sororities. If this is the case, you will probably get to spend more "quality time" with the sisters than you would in two days, with a bigger group of rushees.

Every sorority does informal rush differently...some like to invite as many people as possible, some like to target a smaller group. Usually the format chosen is what the sisters have found to be successful for their group in the past.

If they already know you personally and are sending you stuff, you are on the right track. If it's fees, housing etc that you are wondering about, don't be afraid to ask questions! The nice thing about informal is, if you have to stay after the parties and ask a zillion questions you can, without the sisters having to hustle you out the door for fear of getting a rush infraction.

Good luck and let us know how things go!