GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,546
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annatfancesa349
» Online Users: 2,357
3 members and 2,354 guests
ComradesTrue, Phrozen Sands

Old 01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Crush Party Help!

Hi!

I'm the social chair for my chapter, and I want to do a crush party before Valentine's Day. We have never done one before, so I don't have much to go off of.

When I was told about the idea, it involved using ties like a My Tie party, and the girls decorated a tie for themselves and their date, and that's how the guy would know who invited them. I think the tie idea doesn't really go with Valentine's Day, so does anyone have any ideas for other ways they can find out who invited them? Or do you think there even needs to be something like that?

Also, what are some ways to invite the guys? I was told the idea of just having me and my committee go physically invite them, but that could be a problem if they live off campus or if I can't get the info on where they live. Mail is kind of slow though, and I feel like using Facebook would be too impersonal and they wouldn't want to go as much. Any ideas?

Also, do you normally have the guys go to the house and all go over together, or do they find their own way there?

Thanks for your help!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-20-2009, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Sororities that do crush parties at my school will normally come by the fraternity houses during dinner and announce the names of everyone in that house who has been invited (the idea being that the out of house guys are a lot - maybe most? - of the time on the mealplan as well). If you're inviting a bunch of GDIs or are on a campus where the fraternity houses don't have big dining rooms and a cook to have dinner, I really don't know.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

At Miami-Ohio, chapters would print lists and give one to every fraternity house to display. So it would say something like Alpha Delta Pi Crushes... and it would list each guy by fraternity and then by unaffiliated. For those who were unaffiliated, we would try to contact them in other ways and put the posters up in more common areas. However, recently, I know my chapter has used facebook in addition to the posters to message each guy to make sure they are informed. Hope this helps!