GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,637
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, bvelesymaarey20
» Online Users: 1,126
3 members and 1,123 guests
g41965, MethrenLusia

Old 04-13-2003, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
AHHH! Dumb dumb boy...

So theres this boy who apparently liked me a lot last semester (according to my one sister who is friends with him) I totally screwed him over cos I didnt know how much he liked me and I liked someone else...

Well now I talk to him a little more and I kinda do like him... so last night after I went out... I went over to his room (yes I was tipsy) after he got off work... stuff happened... and then we talked til like 5... and he was telling me about other girls he hooked up with and all kinds of things and how he dosent want to have a relationship, but then he complains about people thinking hes a slut... during this Im thinking... "greeeaaaat"

But I dont know...

Im confused and pissed off...

My one sister is talking to him just to see whats up... maybe hes saying all this cos I hurt him last time?
Old 04-13-2003, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

In the first instance, it sounds to me as if you're saying that you knew he liked you last semester, but you liked someone else and therefore went with the guy you wanted more. After all, you did say "I didn't know how much he liked me." I interpret what you say as meaning "I knew he liked me but I didn't realize he had it bad for me."

You know what? Fair enough. We're not all mind readers. If he feels like he got burnt by you, well ok, maybe he should have confessed his feelings for you and made it very clear. It's not your problem if they guy kept it to himself and you went off with another man.

However, you may not be telling us the full story. You chose to use the phrase, "I totally screwed him over". It sounds like you might have known more than you're admitting and you really did hurt the guy by totally dissing him for someone else. Are you being honest with us?

Either way, it's not unusual for someone to feel angry or hurt if they feel they got the major brush off. He may very well have said those unattractive sounding things to you just to make you feel hurt the way he feels hurt. Though, I have another question for you....

What does "stuff happened" mean? Does that mean "I was drunk and I went to his room and we had sex?"

I mean, I'm gonna give it to you straight, you need to be honest with yourself, he needs to be honest with himself, and you both need to be honest with each other.

This is like high school antics here.

Sit down with the guy and very honestly and gently ask him about where you both stand with each other. You might even like to apologize for perhaps hurting his feelings when you didn't realize he liked you so much. If he says that he stands by what he said before (not wanting a relationship etc) then that would imply that there's no room for you at all...or at least he only wants sex from you. If a purely sexual relationship is not what you have in mind, then it's over and done with, right? He doesn't have anything else to offer you.

If he's wondering why people are calling him a "slut" then maybe he needs to rethink how he's conducting himself. But that's not for you to deal with - he needs to figure that out on his own. What you need to do is simply clear the air so that you can make a decision which is best in line with what you want out of life and in a relationship.

Best of luck to you.

.....Kelly
Old 04-13-2003, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Quote:
Originally posted by navane

This is like high school antics here.
Thats funny. With all the talk of sisters talking to him to "get the scoop" I was thinking the same thing. Like maybe we should pass him a note before study hall lol.

And if other guys are calling him a slut he is doing something right . I don't know many men that would be too agrieved at being called that lol.

Quote:
If he's wondering why people are calling him a "slut" then maybe he needs to rethink how he's conducting himself. But that's not for you to deal with - he needs to figure that out on his own. What you need to do is simply clear the air so that you can make a decision which is best in line with what you want out of life and in a relationship.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Thats funny. With all the talk of sisters talking to him to "get the scoop" I was thinking the same thing. Like maybe we should pass him a note before study hall lol.
lol, yeah if you like me, please check

__ YES

__ NO

Um, it sounds like a drunken hook up to me, nothing more nothing less.
Old 04-14-2003, 06:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
it prob was just a drunken hook up (but again, no sex... cos I still carry the V card...) but I dont know. I didnt know how much he liked me. The talking to my sister about it is because she knows him really well and will let me know if its even worth persuing. So no, its not highschool/jrhigh
Old 04-14-2003, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Play nice, boys. Who says that guys don't pull "highschool" stunts every now and then?

That being said.... Who really knows what the guy is thinking? (Except of course the guy himself, and sometimes even the guy doesn't know what he's thinking.) Don't take what anyone else says is what he might have meant . Talk to him and find out for yourself. Good luck!

Crystal
Old 04-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like the guy has some issues.. Was he sober when he talked to you? Personally, if I were interested in a girl I wouldn't be talking about all my previous hookups.

Is the guy normally so thick-headed when it comes to interpersonal relationships?

If you envision a relationship don't you see that being a problem down the road?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma