GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,572
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, jhngooglet5007
» Online Users: 2,401
2 members and 2,399 guests
g41965, LaneSig

Old 04-30-2024, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: The Nuggets/Lakers game was like OMG so close, lol. Now it’s time for them to advance to play my Timberwolves.

LET’S GO MINNESOTA!!! Goooooooooo team! Woohoo!

Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-30-2024, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
WIFLSRN: The Nuggets/Lakers game was like OMG so close, lol. Now it’s time for them to advance to play my Timberwolves.

LET’S GO MINNESOTA!!! Goooooooooo team! Woohoo!

That’s all I’ve been doing with my free time is watching the NBA finals. Y’all just might win it all. Minnesota’s defense is on point. Defensive teams always dominate.
Old 04-30-2024, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Lol @ John in the introduction thread explaining how GC was once off the chain and why folks bounced. I’m messin with you, John Lol.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol @ John in the introduction thread explaining how GC was once off the chain and why folks bounced. I’m messin with you, John Lol.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^
Old 04-30-2024, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That’s all I’ve been doing with my free time is watching the NBA finals. Y’all just might win it all. Minnesota’s defense is on point. Defensive teams always dominate.
Yep! Did you see how close last night’s game was?
Quote:
lol
John should make it half and half. Half the board for sororities and fraternities and the other half for ethnic Greeks. It’d be really busy then. I’m kidding.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

The Sixers are still alive, lol.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yep! Did you see how close last night’s game was?

lol
John should make it half and half. Half the board for sororities and fraternities and the other half for ethnic Greeks. It’d be really busy then. I’m kidding.
Yeah, I saw it.

Lmao @ you trying to get your peeps over here.

Quote:
The Sixers are still alive, lol.
You watching the Pacers - Bucks game?
Old 05-01-2024, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

What’s up with all these college protests? Damn!
Old 05-01-2024, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You watching the Pacers - Bucks game?
I watched it until halftime, then went to bed.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

WIFLSRN: I had a funny surprise today. I had a new, first time patient this morning — a very cute puppy. His owner was my prom date from my sophomore year in high school. Too funny and such a small world.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
WIFLSRN: I had a funny surprise today. I had a new, first time patient this morning — a very cute puppy. His owner was my prom date from my sophomore year in high school. Too funny and such a small world.
Lmao! How’d that go? How’d his life turn out? At my high school, at the time, only juniors and seniors could go to prom.
Old 05-01-2024, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lmao! How’d that go? How’d his life turn out? At my high school, at the time, only juniors and seniors could go to prom.
lol
How’d his life turn out? That’s a hilarious question. I don’t know, I only talked to him for like 30-minutes/until I was done with his puppy. He told me he went through two divorces and he’s a fire fighter. He was just like “Wow! You always wanted to be a vet.” He said 25 years ago, if someone told him I was going to be a vet, and that I’d be his pet’s doctor, he’d have laughed. Isn’t this a really small world? He told me he still stays in touch with other people from high school. He said he’s going to send them my way with their pets, lol.

I remember he wanted to play professional football. He ended up becoming a fire fighter. I’m sure if someone told him he’d be divorced twice, 25 years ago, he’d have laughed at that, too, lol.

Yeah, it was like that when I was in high school, too — only the juniors and seniors could go to prom. But if they asked a freshman or sophomore to go, they too could go to prom. He was a junior when he asked me.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol
How’d his life turn out? That’s a hilarious question. I don’t know, I only talked to him for like 30-minutes/until I was done with his puppy. He told me he went through two divorces and he’s a fire fighter. He was just like “Wow! You always wanted to be a vet.” He said 25 years ago, if someone told him I was going to be a vet, and that I’d be his pet’s doctor, he’d have laughed. Isn’t this a really small world? He told me he still stays in touch with other people from high school. He said he’s going to send them my way with their pets, lol.

I remember he wanted to play professional football. He ended up becoming a fire fighter. I’m sure if someone told him he’d be divorced twice, 25 years ago, he’d have laughed at that, too, lol.

Yeah, it was like that when I was in high school, too — only the juniors and seniors could go to prom. But if they asked a freshman or sophomore to go, they too could go to prom. He was a junior when he asked me.
Lmao! Did he have any kids with any of his failed marriages? That is wild though. His high school prom date is now also his vet… tiny world. You talk about your family? Both my prom dates, I haven’t seen since high school.
Old 05-01-2024, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Lmao! Did he have any kids with any of his failed marriages? That is wild though. His high school prom date is now also his vet… tiny world. You talk about your family? Both my prom dates, I haven’t seen since high school.
lol
You’re nosy. But I am too, lol. Yep, he’s got one from his second marriage.

Yes, of course. I’m always taking about my hubby and kids. I’ve seen quite a few people from college and high school. I have another classmate from undergrad whose dog is a patient of mine. It’s a very small world.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My prom date is the whole reason I went Greek. He was a year older than me and pledged TKE when I was a senior in high school. He took me to my prom and then I went to the same school. I hung out with him and his roommate (one of my best friends from college who also pledged TKE) all the time and was bummed out that I couldn't go to the greek nights at the bar or greek happy hours at the bar with them.

So second semester of my freshman year, I decided to rush so I could be part of all the fun. I had met friends of theirs from one of the sororities and I couldn't stand one of them so I didn't even go to their rush events. One sorority was pretty much non-existant- I think they had 5 members, so that one was out. That left two- AGD and another. I went to parties at both and the women at the other one never even spoke to me. Nobody picked me up at the door in rotations and I wandered around by myself the whole time. So I ended up pledging AGD.

He broke up with me the next fall and I met my first husband, a LXA, a few weeks later.

I'm facebook friends with the old prom date. He's the only ex boyfriend I've ever had who I would consider getting back together again. I still think he's really cute, 40 years later. I enjoy his sense of humor so much. He lives a couple hours away though. He was definitely my first love.