GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,563
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, VickiWhita
» Online Users: 2,319
3 members and 2,316 guests
No Members online

Old 04-21-2000, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Alumni / Active Interactions

Hi everyone! I'm Colleen Wessel, a 1985 graduate of Purdue University and have been active in Purdue Alumni since its founding. Many of these postings are from active members, and I'd like to start a new topic!

I'm interested in building a discussion on how actives would like to interact with their alumni.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

------------------
Colleen Wessel
Manager, Training & Communications
Viskase Corporation
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-16-2000, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

With this board becoming more active now that everyone's back in school, and with so many new alumni chapters, thought I'd bring this back up to the top! Thoughts from actives? From alumnae?
Old 09-21-2000, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Of course we dont' have any of our own alums yet... but we do have 2 alums from other chapters here, anyway... a few things I could think of--

-Create a list of area alums that are willing to speak or lead a program of some sort- and sort by topic. Our Ag Alumni Assoc does this, so you can look at the list and say, oh, so-and-so can speak to us on ____, her number is _____.

-Be on the email listserv for the active chapter- I know atleast for us right now, it would be nice to have someone noticing we are looking for ___ ideas and say, "I suggest ____ because ___." Advice from the experienced would help a lot I think.

Terri
UGA, only a SID for 8 MORE DAYS!! WOOOOOO HOOO!!!
Old 09-22-2000, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I would definitely be interested! I think alumni/ active relations are very important.

Quote:
Originally posted by wessel:
Hi everyone! I'm Colleen Wessel, a 1985 graduate of Purdue University and have been active in Purdue Alumni since its founding. Many of these postings are from active members, and I'd like to start a new topic!

I'm interested in building a discussion on how actives would like to interact with their alumni.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!
Old 10-06-2000, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

Alumni Relations - What should we do?

I think that it is important for all of us to remember that we are sisters of Sigma Alpha for life, and that although we graduate from an active chapter, we can be alumni members of any alumni chapter (that is why the National Bylaws say that the name of alumni chapters is not noted by the collegiate chapter, but by the University or location).
How can we all get together - - If you're an alum, contact the Collegiate Chapter closest to you. If you're a collegiate chapter, check the directory and contact the alumni closest to you.

And remember, just because you may move away from your collegiate chapter once you graduate, doesn't mean that you've moved away from Sigma Alpha. There could be sisters right where you are! No collegiate or alumni chapter near you? Start one!