GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,637
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, bvelesymaarey20
» Online Users: 960
1 members and 959 guests
Zach

Old 12-05-2008, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Syracuse Rush

Hey everyone, I've been lurking on greek chat for a bit, and now I've got a question.

I just got accepted as a Spring 2009 transfer to Syracuse University and I'll be going in as a second semester freshman. I really want to rush, and I want to do it next semester so Ill get acclimated to the school as sson as possible. I did a search on this site, but I couldn't find any specifics on Syracuse rush. Is there anyone who can tell me about rush at Syracuse? Is it competitive? What are the chapters there like, and can I rush as a transfer!

Thanks,
Liz
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-05-2008, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Here's the link to the Syracuse University Panhellenic Association web page.

http://studentlife.syr.edu/greek/Panhellenic/index.aspx

I'd suggest contacting the greek life office at the university to get update information
about recruitment.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Fortunately, Syracuse has deferred rush so you will be rushing with everyone else!
Old 12-08-2008, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusegirl90 View Post
Hey everyone, I've been lurking on greek chat for a bit, and now I've got a question.

I just got accepted as a Spring 2009 transfer to Syracuse University and I'll be going in as a second semester freshman. I really want to rush, and I want to do it next semester so Ill get acclimated to the school as sson as possible. I did a search on this site, but I couldn't find any specifics on Syracuse rush. Is there anyone who can tell me about rush at Syracuse? Is it competitive? What are the chapters there like, and can I rush as a transfer!

Thanks,
Liz
Congrats on Cuse! My best friend is a freshman in Newhouse and I know that they have deffered recruitment, so you can join right away in January with everyone else! BFF's older sister was a Tri Delt at Cuse, and she loved it. She said recruitment is fairly competitive, but nothing to be worried about! If you can get recs or legacy notification forms in ASAP, that would help you out a ton. But don't worry, you will be fine! Check the recruitment threads for help if you want! I found them very helpful when I went through this fall!
Old 12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Syracuse has two Alpha chapters (Alpha Phi and Gamma Phi Beta), which makes it a special campus, in my opinion. I always thought it would be so cool to be a member of the chapter where it all began.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Syracuse has two Alpha chapters (Alpha Phi and Gamma Phi Beta), which makes it a special campus, in my opinion. I always thought it would be so cool to be a member of the chapter where it all began.
There was chatter a little while back about the third Alpha chapter (Alpha Gamma Delta) possibly reopening, but Syracuse isn't open for expansion yet. I do believe, however, that Alpha Gamma Delta IHQ fully intends on reactivating our Alpha chapter at the Butterfield house.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

What a great school! Syracuse is special in so many ways. I hope that you thoroughly enjoy your recruitment, and do fill us in whenever you see fit.