GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,596
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, hannahyanexto75
» Online Users: 1,675
2 members and 1,673 guests
Cookiez17, MSKKG

Old 11-04-2003, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
Average Joe

Did any of y'all watch this last night!? I'm embarrassed to admit that I did, but I'm a reality show junkie and I just can't help it!

Anyways, the look on her face when the first guy got off of the bus was priceless! The way she tried to cover it up...my cousin and I were laughing our butts off! I'm really curious to see how this one turns out!

aj

Last edited by ajuhdg; 11-04-2003 at 05:30 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Banned

I watched Joe Schmo.......that was funny.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I also watched Joe Schmo. I thought it was ok for mindless reality TV.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Joe Schmo was pretty good until the end when it got Sappy. I wanted to watch average Joe but totally forgot BUMMER
Old 11-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Banned

I can't believe the guy started crying on natonal TV when he found out a show was all about him. He must have never of gotten attention from mommy and daddy when he was little. If I was him I woulda been licking all that chocolate off of the blonde chick and let a couple of my fingers get some stinky pinky.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:54 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Re: Average Joe

Quote:
Originally posted by ajuhdg
Did any of y'all watch this last night!? I'm embarrassed to admit that I did, but I'm a reality show junkie and I just can't help it!

Anyways, the look on her face when the first guy got off of the bus was priceless! The way she tried to cover it up...my cousin and I were laughing our butts off! I'm really curious to see how this one turns out!

aj
I saw it. It was pretty good.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 11-04-2003, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw Average Joe last night. I somehow managed to slip that into my schedule! I actually liked it!

I thought she did a good job of annalyzing why it was that she was there though! Seriously, she said so herself, "Looks don't matter that much, it's personality." Well she got what she'd asked for and I think she made the best of it.

I thought it was also very interesting that out of the 4 guys she eliminated, most of them were the "more attractive" of the group (looks wise). I thought a few of them seemed pretty cocky and arrogant though so I'm glad she saw through that right away.

I think this show is bound to show us how conceeded we are when it comes to looks, and that we should look for what's on the inside more than the outside (cuz lord knows beauty fades).
Old 11-04-2003, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

if u read the disclaimers, one of which said partcipants may have been consulted by producers on their selection of who would be voted off or something to those words. Also noticed that it said some participants were paid for there time on the show. Makes ya think.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPi~Ally
if u read the disclaimers, one of which said partcipants may have been consulted by producers on their selection of who would be voted off or something to those words. Also noticed that it said some participants were paid for there time on the show. Makes ya think.
I was thinking the same thing... Considering she got rid of the some of the nicer, normal guys. And she kept quite a few "troublemakers"
Old 11-04-2003, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ajuhdg
Quote:
Originally posted by ADPi~Ally
I saw that too, and it did make me wonder!

Hootie: I'm right there with ya! I was surprised at a couple of the more 'normal' of the group getting the ditch. I think we may all be in for a surprise of sorts. It could all just be some silly 'moral' lesson in the end! LOL

aj
Old 11-04-2003, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

They interviewed two of the guys she dismissed today on ET or some similar show. They actually looked a lot better today than last night. I also noticed that last night some shots of the guys made them look very splotchy on the face...then on some of their camera shots they looked better.

I caught the "participants consulted the producers..." part. I know reality shows are rigged, but that took ALL the fun out of it!
Old 11-04-2003, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I wasn't going to watch, but I found myself on the channel, I just wanted to see her reactions to the guys coming out of the car. That one guy reminds me so much of that main guy from Revenge of the Nerds. I would have cut some of the other guys instead of the ones she did cut.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't you think this might be a little set up for her fall in love with some regular guy?!
Old 11-06-2003, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

As terrible as this is about to sound, I wonder if she kept the ones she kept out of fear of looking like she was racist, against larger men, etc. I mean, I HATED the Indian guy, not because he was Indian, but because he was so arrogant and what a stupid question to ask, "do you like brocolli." But I can see the producers telling her to be very cognizant of how it would look if she eliminated any of the minorities or the very blantant over weight men regardless of their personalities.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

What about the guy who asked her if she like brocalli?! He is a huge skectchball!! Very werid.

I also thing the twist later on will be bringing on hotter guys for her selection.

BUT she did say on the previews that there were four guys she was really torn over so i guess it does prove that looks may not matter.

I didnt catch the disclaimer but after reading previous posts im skecptable about how "true" this show really is?!