GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,591
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, bavelsylittle11
» Online Users: 2,207
2 members and 2,205 guests
flamboyanttree, GammaGirl1908

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2023, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
My wife and I were talking about this and she mentioned this point: In some ways it may be much easier for girls to drop out after the first (or any virtual) round.

It may well be because they were released from the mythical “top” houses, but they’ll say: “I just don’t come across well on a screen. They didn’t get a chance to meet the “real” me. I always do better in person, etc. etc.” Then they’ll use any of these to drop out.
This may not happen at all...just another thought.
Oh but it does. I have seen that happen many, many times. . Either from daughter, mother, or both. Never mind that every PNM is participating virtually. Never mind that it was plainly stated that the first round would be virtual when they enrolled in recruitment. Never mind that there are a plethora of accessible videos that share great advice on how best to present yourself in an online recruitment session. Never mind that they had more than ample time to practice before the big day. The fact of the matter is, in sorority recruitment as in life, the more prepared you are the better the outcome. And being willing to re-evaluate yourself and your options might be the difference between a fun 4 years of college, and wondering what might have been.