GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Tau Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,555
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annetausasdy968
» Online Users: 2,110
1 members and 2,109 guests
FrankJScott

Old 01-02-2005, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Eastern Michigan Sigma Tau Gamma dies of alcohol/drug overdose

Student dies early New Year's Day after drinking
January 1, 2005, 11:04 PM

YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) -- An Eastern Michigan University student died Saturday after drinking a large amount of alcohol and taking drugs, possibly ecstasy, police say.

Ypsilanti Sgt. John Minzey said Huron Valley Ambulance crews contacted police about 6:15 a.m. Saturday about a possible overdose at Sigma Tau Gamma fraternity.

The 20-year-old man from Taylor died later at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. Police withheld his name because next of kin had not been contacted, Minzey told The Ann Arbor News for a Sunday story.

Witnesses said the student drank a lot of alcohol and some said he took ecstasy, police said.

An autopsy Saturday ruled out foul play, the sergeant said. A toxicology report will be completed in seven to 10 days.

A man who answered the door at the fraternity house Saturday night declined to comment to the paper.

source: http://www.freep.com/news/statewire/...1_20050101.htm
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-02-2005, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Somewhat new to Greekchat, but this seems to be a huge subject this past year. Sig Tau has been fortune, sucks when it hits close to home. Glad that this wasn't part of some hazing, which would totatlly fuck that chapter. Now I just hope that he was of age, but either way I am sure this chapter will be supsended quickly if it was at the fraternity house.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally posted by TerryHepner
Somewhat new to Greekchat, but this seems to be a huge subject this past year. Sig Tau has been fortune, sucks when it hits close to home. Glad that this wasn't part of some hazing, which would totatlly fuck that chapter. Now I just hope that he was of age, but either way I am sure this chapter will be supsended quickly if it was at the fraternity house.
co-sign

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 01-05-2005, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SplitzSTG Send a message via Yahoo to SplitzSTG
Quote:
Originally posted by sigtau305
co-sign
Second
Old 01-06-2005, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cpt.Taylor
Unhappy Can we help?

This is Josh from Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Mu Chapter. If there is anything that we can do for you guys let us know. I will let the brothers know what happened and we will see what we can do. There is'nt much that can be done but Mu chapter is here for you guys........Josh (recon1102@marinecorps.com)
Old 01-19-2009, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyce View Post
He probably wanted to die... otherwise I can't explain how unconscious can be a young man in mixing alcohol and drugs. This can't possibly about being high, it's a fatality from the very start. So this is my best guess: he wanted to die. Too bad he forgot about the other option of drug rehab option, he can't change his mind now...
This thread is 4 years old.

@~/~~~~