GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Zeta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,675
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, zauisjnroz2946
» Online Users: 853
3 members and 850 guests
Xidelt, zauisjnroz2946

Old 10-14-2002, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

DZ gifts!

I get my pledge kid on Friday and I'm so excited! I went out this weekend and got most of my gifts. Aside from the regular DZ stuff (picture frames, letter stuff, candy, etc. etc.), what's the most creative gift you ever gave or received?

My roommate and I bought pink bandannas and are bedazzling them with our letters. I bought a fishbowl and filled it with pink and clear and green glass beads and topped it with a pink rose floating candle...and then I also found a pink copper rose that has rose scented oil embedded in the "bud"! Another one of my sisters is making a gorgeous pink and green ornament, pens wrapped in green floral tape and topped with pink fake roses, glass-etched stuff, etc.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-14-2002, 11:47 PM
imadeltaz

OMG..this brings back memories of puffy painted picture frames and stuffed animals. LOL!

One of my favorite gifts is still with me, sitting on my bookshelf behind me. It's a needlepoint with Delta Zeta and two turtles underneath the lettering given to me from my Turtle Buddy One of my other friends was taking wood shop (under the guise of "Wooden Sculpture 101) at the time and gave me wooden greek DZ letters. I still have them around here somewhere. The most creative thing I made was a wreath with dried flowers and wooden letters on it that spelled Delta Zeta and had turtles on it. Now that was cute

A good idea that I have also done before is gone to the craft store and gotten acrylic ball ornaments (the kind you can fill and pop back together) and filled them with dried pink rose petals (petals from roses from special DZ occasions are great) or really pretty silk rose blossoms, then tied tule or satin pink ribbons to the top and used them as tree ornaments

Tracy
Old 10-15-2002, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, since you asked....
Big sis/Little sis is this week and we have so many creative sisters!
Some have made memory boards...its like a bulltin board with fabric and ribbon on it where you can just slide pics underneath the ribbon
Bullitan boards (totally screwed up THAT spelling!) are very easy. go to Walmart and purchase one...then hot glue DZ ribbon (if your greek stores sell its, its really cute...its pink with greens DZs all around it) all around the outside. Then you can purchase turtle stamps and rose stamps from Walmart as well. Simply dip them in paint and stamp them on! Then you can write her name in paint pen at the bottom!
Cups are also a good idea. I made my little four. I got 2 pink and 2 green ones from the Dollar Store for a dollar. then I took paint pens and decorated them! Very cute!

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!

In the flame,
Blaire