GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,533
2 members and 2,531 guests
flamboyanttree, PGD-GRAD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2010, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Any good Rush Event ideas?

Hey guys. So I'm an associate of Lambda Chi Alpha, and I just got nominated for our High Delta office, which is our Rush Chair. Normally, Juniors have held this office, and as a Freshman this year, and an associate as well, this is a big honor.

Next week we give our speeches about why we should be elected. Within my speech, I want to list some ideas of Rush Events and ideas to promote recruitment to give the guys a good idea of what they could expect from me.

So, I was wondering if you guys wouldn't mind taking a look at my ideas and telling me what you think, as well as perhaps sharing some ideas that went over really well for you.

First, a little info about my University. We are rather small, and only have a Freshman class of about 800-900 students a year. Break that in half, and you're down to about 450 guys. Now, we are the largest fraternity on campus, with 24 members. Yeah. Small. We are also considered a commuter campus. Also, there are no Greek houses.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
So here's my ideas:

So I need to categorize my week into different events that will cover the basics that will attract guys. Here are the main points that I want to push-

Brotherhood, Tradition, Girls, Fun, Outgoing atmosphere, Maturity, Craziness.

Here's some event ideas:

Meet The Brothers Bag Toss- All brothers and prospects will meet at a common area on campus where we will have food and bag toss games set up. I will make it every brother's job to try their best to talk to every prospect to make them feel welcome. Normally, we hold a meeting and each brother introduces them self, but I think a more casual and fun atmosphere will make people feel more comfortable and want to come back.

Day At The Beach Foam Party- We will rent a foam machine that will fill an unfinished basement with 3 feet of foam/bubbles. We will invite our sister sorority, Sigma Sigma Sigma, to attend as well. Bathing suits required. Music, Dancing, and Beach Balls. I feel showing ourselves in a social atmosphere will be enticing for prospects, and who can turn down girls in bikini's?

Party Bus To Buffalo Wild Wings- So we have a Buffalo Wild Wings near us, and for those who dont know, it's like a franchise restaurant that excels at chicken. We will rent a school bus to drive us out there together. Prospect's meals will be free, and Brother's meals will be half-price. Free food would definitely bring people out, and half-price for brothers would ensure a good fraternity turn out.

Car Bash- We will have a junkyard donate a car to us. We will rent out a large grassy area on campus. For $1-$5, you get 1 swing at the car using either a baseball bat, sledge hammer, or axe. Proceeds could go to some charity or something.

Scavenger Hunt- An old tradition. Entire fraternity/prospects split into 2 groups and we go around campus doing a list of stupid things on camera. I cant really go into detail. Point is, it's really fun, and really binds the group together.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
So here's my ideas:
I'll add to the event ideas when I remember them all. Here's some promotion ideas-

I plan on getting some shirts made to pass out to girls.

One might say "If I was a guy, I would rush Lambda Chi."

Another might say "Property of Lambda Chi Alpha" on the front, and on the back it would say "If found, please return to a ΛΧΑ brother."

Then, I am going to require that the brothers wear letters every day during Rush week.