GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,593
Threads: 115,516
Welcome to our newest member, Holographicalt
» Online Users: 2,488
2 members and 2,486 guests
Xidelt, zluisswftz3482

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2011, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Didn't get a bid, what should I do?

Ok so basically I rushed three fraternities during rush week at my school. At every single one, I got to know as many of the brothers as possible, I would say I was as friendly as possible, and said just about all the right things about why I wanted to be in a fraternity. I was even invited to smoke with some of the brothers at one of the houses, so this was a sign that as I was really clicking with them. I went to as many rush events as possible at each of the 3 fraternities. But once bid day came around, I was very disappointed to find out on that I didn't get a bid from anywhere. My GPA is relatively low (2.46) but I was told by several brothers that even if you have a low GPA, you can get a bid and not be able to actually pledge until the grades go up.

And I know many people on here are going to say, "ask the brothers why you didn't get a bid." However, most fraternities have a policy where they cannot provide you that information, so I am still wondering. Thats why I wanted to know if anyone else on here got rejected from a fraternity, and if you did, do you know why? Or if there are any active brothers on this forum who could tell me why they decline rushees.

And my last question, do you think I am missing out on a lot of social life not being in a fraternity. I don't have that many friends, so I was hoping this would be my way of getting a few. But now I kind of feel like a loser and a loner. I don't know what to do, most people already have their friend groups and don't want to reach out to anybody.

Should I rush the fraternities in the spring or something and hope that they reconsider me? Or is it not worth it?

B.Q: For active brothers, how often do you guys throw parties.