GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,610
Threads: 115,518
Welcome to our newest member, banntjnry576
» Online Users: 1,162
2 members and 1,160 guests
banntjnry576, nataliecavsoz41

Old 06-09-2005, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Am I crazy or what????

So, as everyone knows I have been engaged for 11 months. During this time we have moved into together, sold the townhouse (thank you to anyone who said a prayer) and built a house. Now we are getting married... when... well next month. Yes ladies, I have decided that I could plan and pull off a wedding in 5 weeks.

So looks like life will be even more crazy for me!!! YEAH!!!! As of today, will know for sure on Saturday, the date is July 24 in Midway Kentucky! I still have to get my dress, flowers, and sooooooooo much more! Invitations... photographer... and get this... music.... luckly the food and place are covered... or will be on Saturday. Crazy I know!

So please say a little prayer that J and I will still be talking to each other when this is all over!
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

God bless you. Seriously, you're going to need it!!!

I had a hard enough time planning 18 months in advance. I can't even imagine doing it in 5 weeks.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
good luck - all the real work happens in the last month anyways - i've got faith!

- marissa
A GD
Old 06-09-2005, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck with everything! It's all going to work out just fine!!

Many squirrel hugs!
Old 06-10-2005, 02:14 AM
Unregistered-

Dahling, I don't know how it feels like to be a bride who's planning her wedding, but after the events of last April, I think it's pretty safe to say that if my cousin and I could do it, so can you.

Don't know if you recall, but my cousin Lori decided to do a shotgun wedding THE DAY AFTER WE BURIED MY GRANDMA. She literally only had 3 weeks to get an officiant, secure an outdoor area for the ceremony, and book a banquet room for the reception. What was supposed to be an intimate 40-person affair turned into 150! Mind you, this was all done in three weeks in addition to preparing for grandma's funeral.

I pretty much lost my mind because it was my duty as her best friend and maid of honor, but it was a great bonding experience between she and I.

Just remember that it's okay to relax when you feel like you need a break. I'm positive that you're gonna have a beautiful wedding!
Old 06-10-2005, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I have faith that with my team of people we can do it... it is just a daunting task. I still have to order invitations and send them out. Good things... I think that I have got the photographer and the person to do my hair... since it is going to be on a Sunday I was having issues finding people to do these things on that day.

Tomorrow we meet with the venue to discuss ceremony and food. So I think I will have more of these issues ironed out by next week.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink good luck

if anyone can do this then YOU can. If you come to Cincy to do wedding stuff please let me know. I would love to squeeze in a lunch or something. I will praying for and thinking about you and Jeremy over the next few weeks. I know that this will be a beautiful amd memorable occasion. You deserve the BEST and I am sure you won't stop at anything less.

If we can get through what we had to do at gtown in our first year of colonization and recruitement then we can get through anything!!! Best of Luck with everything and let me know if I can help AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
LiEP

Theta oops love

Erin
Old 06-15-2005, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW, 5 weeks!!! Best of luck! It can definitely be done and wish I had the same sense instead of being engaged for over 1 1/2 years!! You'll be so happy you didn't drag it out forever!
Old 06-15-2005, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I don't think i could plan my wedding in five months, let alone five weeks! You are brave!!! My best wishes and prayers are headed your way!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

T - 39 days with one week of vacation in there also!

Thank you everyone for your support. J and I will have been engaged 1 year and 1 day by the 24th of July and on the 26th we will have been dating for 4 years.

So... I ordered invitations yesterday... requested overnight hopeing that they will arrive on Friday or Saturday... so that they can go out in the mail on Monday!

The place is set for the wedding and the reception. Since it is at 3:30 on a Sunday afternoon we are going to have light tea sandwiches and cake.

I meet with the photographer tonight, go dress shopping on Saturday... so things are coming together. Most of the prewedding parties are going to be held after the wedding. Just not enough time...

PS Did I tell you that between July 8 through the 17th... I will be on vacation with the expected new hubby and family? SO really it is 32 days till the big day!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you that everything continues to go smoothly!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to littlebritches
Good luck Arin!! If you need anything give me a call.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

hi

So Arin.....when exactly is the BIG day.......
Old 07-22-2005, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Only 2 more days, according to the first post!

Congratulations!