GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,584
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, bpittyjunor9856
» Online Users: 1,932
0 members and 1,932 guests
No Members online

Old 06-25-2010, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Crap, I should do a Stephen Colbert style audition for a new Asian best friend then. I haven't talked to my last Asian best friend in a while

/This comes into play at some point here.
I have several...I'll have to tell them that they are my accessories. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Of course, they should feel lucky that I let them be my friend and all...

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-25-2010, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
I have several...I'll have to tell them that they are my accessories. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Of course, they should feel lucky that I let them be my friend and all...
Oh girl, I wouldn't want more than one. Word might get around that you hang out with *whispers* them

You only get one of each race and one person with a disability, preferably in a wheel chair so people know how KIND AND COMPASSIONATE you are.

But you wouldn't take them to a party, they wouldn't know how to act. Unless they were "raised white"

/gag
Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by absum View Post
I can tell you that it's not going to be an ideal situation, but it's by no means a lost cause. Not many Asians go through "white" recruitment at UNC and fewer get picked up. I have an Asian friend who rushed as a sophomore at Carolina and only got asked back to one house, one that apparently needed to meet quota badly and had a bad rep. It makes a difference if she was raised "white" or was adopted, or raised as the child of immigrants.
This is bullshit. Our chapters do not discriminate on race. If your friend had that experience, it was based on something other her race. I can think of minorities in every single chapter at Carolina.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
You only get one of each race and one person with a disability, preferably in a wheel chair so people know how KIND AND COMPASSIONATE you are.
I fell out of the chair laughing at this one.