GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,700
Threads: 115,522
Welcome to our newest member, bradauasd4780
» Online Users: 762
1 members and 761 guests
No Members online

Old 09-24-2002, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OnePlus69Is70
sick over rush

well, my worst fears came true. we have TWO new members. twenty-odd bids went out, and two came back. it's enough to make me twitch. and I know the reason- we were the only fraternity to actually have dry rush events, and we're the only fraternity with a new member class under 10. figures.

Ugh. We were going to set an example, we were going to be the first ones to embrace the new way of doing things, and we got bit in the behind. My initial instinct is to roll out the kegs and start over, but I'm going to resist that urge. The two guys we got are great- one of them is a real Macguyver, he helped me rewire half the house. The other one is already helping the social chair (and doing half his job in my estimation.)

It's very bothersome that this happened, but it just means we have to pick up the pieces and start a very intense informal rush. Since only about 5% of the men went through formal rush, there's still plenty out there to work with.

AND something to be proud of- I know the two men we got WILL be initiated. I heard the members of another house taking bets on how many of their pledges will drop after hell week- 60% seemed to be safe money. If we pledge fewer but initiate them all, I think our honor will be satisfied.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-24-2002, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

KEEP YOUR HEAD VERY VERY VERY HIGH !!! You all should be poppin' your collars because you stood by your principals and followed the rules. Like you pointed out all these chapters (fraternity or sorority) that talk about how many people accepted their bids.... we'll see how many stick through until they initiate... hell go one better and see how many of them stick around for 4 years or however long until they graduate !! How many of these new guys are going to really help out and take on work ?? Are they ever going to know all of their brothers and sisters names ?