GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,568
Threads: 115,514
Welcome to our newest member, Weaponxcq
» Online Users: 2,134
0 members and 2,134 guests
No Members online

Old 07-22-2008, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Best Way to Talk to a PNM at Pref

What is the best way to talk to a PNM that you are interested in pledging? How can you "seal the deal" and assure her that your sorority is the one she needs to put down at #1 (without creeping her out or breaking rules)? I have recruitment coming up and I want to make sure my skills are polished so we can recruit a great new class!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-22-2008, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Just be aware that despite all your best efforts, and encouraging a PNM to "absolutely" list your chapter as her first choice, she may not place high enough or at all on your bid list, yoursisters may not be as gung-ho as you are about her, or she may not have grades, etc. There are many variables as you know.

You need to walk the fine line between "hard rushing" and getting someone's hopes up (which is what you would essentially be doing by trying to make her believe that your chapter should be her first choice.

Your actions could end up being classified as rush infractions.

I suggest introducing her to your sisters before rush wiht the intention of simply making an introduction; during recruitment, share her with as many members as possible so that they too (may) find her as fabulous as you do. Don't be tempted to contact her during recruitment to check in with her. You have to be fair and follow the rules.

Last edited by ree-Xi; 07-22-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I would only speak this way to girls I really wanted to pledge at that i felt were a good asset to our chapter. I am very careful about not having rush infractions or getting a girl's hopes up who I don't think we will pledge. I just want to know what words of advice or encouragement I can give to a PNM to assure her that my chapter would be a good choice or to make her decision easier. I don't wan't to break any rules! Thanks for the advice! It is always a fine line between good, competitive rushing and dirty rushing! And in order to be panhellenic I don't think chapters should ever dirty rush!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

My best advice would be to sincerely tell her what you've gained from your membership in your sorority. Your own personal experiences and emotions are going to mean more to her than anything else. But, at the end of the day, she is going to place as #1 the house where she feels that emotional tugging at her own heartstring.

That choice may be your chapter or it may be another, but, if she has preffed with you, know that she cared about you and it is not a rejection of you, it is just that she feels a better "fit" with the other chapter.

I hope that helps give some perspective.