GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,649
Threads: 115,520
Welcome to our newest member, ilovepuchi
» Online Users: 1,674
2 members and 1,672 guests
ilovepuchi, TrueBlueKappa

Old 12-25-2004, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Favorite Gifts from this year's holidays?

I'm just curious as to what YOUR favorite gift was from this holiday season (Christmas, birthday (for some ), etc).

So far my favorite has been the die-cutter I got from my mom to cut out letters, shapes, etc for scrapbooking or making greeting cards, but I can't also discount the Starbucks Gift Cards (boy am I hooked on coffee or what??? )
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-25-2004, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My DH and I received Cranium from one of my brothers. We all already played it today. What a fun game! DH and I won too!
Old 12-25-2004, 05:22 PM
peanutttu

My favorite gift is a photo printer. I have had a digital camera for 2 years now and I'm horrible about printing any out. Now I have no excuse!!!
Old 12-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

I love my scrapbooking things, too!! My plan is to make scrapbooks to "flesh out" my genealogy. Now to decide which color of scrapbook to use for which lineages!

I also got a LOT of books that I've been wanting, and of course, anything that mr. honeychile gives me is always treasured!
Old 12-27-2004, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm super excited about my LOTR trilogy dvd's that I got---I've already watched them all!!

My other favorite is my pin/ring that my mom ordered for me from giftmart---but it's sad that it hasn't come in yet
Old 12-27-2004, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I got the LOTR trilogy too!! Can't wait to watch the extended version of ROTK, maybe I'll do that today since I'm snowed in.

My favorite gift (besides being home for the holidays ), would be my pin box from my 9 year old brother. He said he saved all his money since September to make sure he had enough to buy the one I wanted. It was definitely an ADPi Christmas.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MiamiADPi

My favorite gift (besides being home for the holidays ), would be my pin box from my 9 year old brother. He said he saved all his money since September to make sure he had enough to buy the one I wanted. It was definitely an ADPi Christmas.
Which pin box did you get? I'm always lecturing about having a "real" pin box!! I don't think they make mine anymore - it's oval, with the crest on it.

There are a few things that didn't come yet, and I'm really hoping that one is the Jewel Degree dangle!!
Old 12-27-2004, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

IPOD!!!! Now I don't have to be in a daze while staring at the people in the gym... Now, I can rock out!!!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Which pin box did you get? I'm always lecturing about having a "real" pin box!! I don't think they make mine anymore - it's oval, with the crest on it.
...the silver star with our letters. I liked the round silver one with the crest too, but the star just really jumped out at me.

When I first came home and showed my pin to the family, my brother said, "THAT'S IT?! I BOUGHT SOMETHING BIG FOR SOMETHING SMALL?!" (he's not very good at keeping secrets- lol). It may be tiny, but it's sooo precious. They'll just never understand,

lmcsuc, enjoy your iPod!! I have mine with me almost all the time, it's great to be able to go anywhere and have your entire music library in your pocket. --- I find I'm in more of a daze with it though, lol, especially when I'm walking to class... people sometimes have to tap me from behind or wave like crazy to get my attention. Oops!
Old 12-28-2004, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skerbow Send a message via MSN to skerbow Send a message via Yahoo to skerbow
My favorite gift this year was not a Christmas gift, it was a birthday gift. My DH bought me two gifts this year for my birthday, the first one we have celebrated together as husband and wife. He bought me "Polar Express", which was very special because my belated Granny read this to the grandchildren every year. He even bought a sleigh bell to keep with the book. I havne't had the heart to read it yet, but I will to my Dh and my Ds. The other gift was a pair of beautiful heart-shaped blue topaz earrings. The only jewelry he has ever bought me was my promise ring and engagement ring. This was a very precious gift. I'm so proud of him. Not because he bought me something, but because he put so much tought into it. Just wanted to share.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to give a little background information first before I say what my fave gift was this year. For years I have put my makeup on sitting on the floor in front of my mirrored closet doors. I simply have the hardest time standing up leaning over the sink to put my makeup on. I just can't get close enough to see. SO - this year my husband got me a vanity mirror and chair so I no longer have to sit on the floor. Totally awesome and absolutely made my day!
Old 12-31-2004, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

This might sound kind of lame, but my favorite gift was that my brother was able to come home for Christmas.

Em, I got ROTK special edition too. LOL. The extended scenes I thought were "so-so" but I loved the deleted scenes (especially between Eowyn and Faramir, which if you haven't watched those scenes GO WATCH THEM NOW!!!!!!)

For my birthday my present was getting to see Jennie, so that was an awesome gift too.

edit: Oh I forgot, my parents gave me a washer and a dryer. LOL. They bought new ones so I get the old ones, which is totally fine by me because that is two less things I have to buy for the house. THANK GOD!!!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 12-31-2004, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by ASUADPi
For my birthday my present was getting to see Jennie, so that was an awesome gift too.
Yeah, that was fun, wasn't it

Now we'll (hopefully) get to do it again around Convention (which will only be a little more than a month later than MY birthday, so it all works out! )
Old 12-31-2004, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I received a bunch of neat gifts this year for both Christmas & graduation, but I think the one I am most thankful for is that my whole family was able to get together. The snow was pretty cool too

Since I live so far away from my parents, it is rare that I ever get to see them. My older sister lives in Austin, and is doing the whole "career thing" so she rarely gets to see them also. Christmas, Thanksgiving & Easter are the few "for sure" times that we're able to all get together. I also think it was kind of cool that it snowed Christmas Eve... in South Texas of all places! When my family came up for my graduation, my dad jokingly said "I'm not leaving till I see snow!!!!" ... and 3 days after they left, it snowed like crazy up here My dad has wanted a white christmas for years, and this year, it was pretty neat that he got it. Since the snow lasted so long, and it was pretty windy outside Christmas Eve, our electricity went out... so we all hung out in the living room by the fireplace singing Christmas songs and telling funny stories. It was the best Christmas party we've ever had
Old 12-31-2004, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

my favorite gift is my laptop with a printer/scanner. i am glued to the screen and i want to scan everything in sight!!