GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,547
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, akaylastolzeoz2

Old 06-15-2000, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Alumni Involvement

Just curious, how many of you are actively involved with your alumni organization, or serve in an advisory role?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-15-2000, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
I currently serve on a colony's Alumni Board. In years past (sigh) - I was with another chapter's board, served as chapter advisor, and was on the campus Alumni Greek Council.

I keep as active as I can.
Old 06-15-2000, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
I currently serve as Alumnae Chapter President and at the end of 1999 I ended my term as Program Council advisor to our collegiate chapter.

This year I am attending our national convention for the first time and I will serve as official delegate for the Tallahassee Area Alumnae. I'm very excited!
http://tallahasseezta.tripod.com

In the past I have served as Alumnae Chapter VP and Financial Advisor.

I also serve as Alumnae Panhellenic Vice-President, going on my 2nd term.
http://panhellenic.tripod.com

Barbara
Old 06-15-2000, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I serve on our National Board (oversees both active and alumni chapters), though we have a National Alumni Association Board that's responsible for alumni programming. Also try to help out when/where I can with my sorority's university alumni chapter (I'm a chapter member, but don't have time to be an officer and on NB right now).
Old 06-15-2000, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

While I hold no official officership, I was the one who founded the group who became our 1 st Alum group. In the group I am the locater to find lost Brothers. By starting this alum group I have other Brothers asking to start alum assoc. in their area. The seed was planted and it is starting to grow.

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Old 06-20-2000, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

While I do want to TOOT my horn LOL I looked at what I put down and said D---. I am chair of the coee group that I founded (Working to build a new house) a member of the House corp., the mentoring group that I help found and againg the locater of the Alum Assoc. While I may have been the tool to get most of this started, we have many alums who have picked up the banner in what they feel and are forging ahead to towhat is need inspite of thei busy scheduales. While I take credit for alot, if not for them we are naught!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Old 06-20-2000, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I have an office in my local alumni chapter! I try to keep as active as I can with kids and other priorities!
Old 06-20-2000, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I serve the alum chapter as Vice President/Secretary. Its so cool because I get to plan events and do the mailings and stuff so I hear from so many alums regularly!
I'm also the fraternal relations advisor in that I serve as a liason between the alums and the collegians. I love it! Its great to be involved with both because I can help each group relate to the others. Many times alums forget that they did stuff last minute, or collegians forget that they do need advice from sisters who've done it 1000 times, etc! Even though it is A LOT of work during the school year, I remember that I took my vow of lifetime commitment and that's what is important to me! Unfortunately, some people forget this and just lose interest after graduating. I know that many are burned out, but alum participation is SO DIFFERENT! We aren't required to do things, we want to. We are definitely more active with our philanthropy. I would love to see more alums get involved though! Keep up the good work for all you guys who are dedicated to the cause
Old 06-21-2000, 07:07 PM
Artimis

Hey all!

I'm pretty active as an alumna. I served as the chair for the beta alumnae group as we were forming a chapter, on the National Newsletter committee. Now that i'm closer to the chapter and a number of the alumnae, I'm working with another sister on re-vamping our membership handbook, and am an expansion representive for a local interest group. Being within driving distance of the chapter, I'm looking forward to attending joint active/alumnae events.

And as always i'm the co-web/listserv admin for my chapter.

Jennifer
who's sisters wonder how she mantages to do what she does :>

------------------
Beta Chapter Alumna and Founder
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
http://alpha-sigma-kappa.ou.edu/
http://www.alpha-sigma-kappa.org
Old 06-22-2000, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Quote:
Originally posted by Artimis:
Hey all!
Jennifer
who's sisters wonder how she mantages to do what she does :>
Let me tell you, it's a complete mystery to me...but she has more energy than a supernova!

I'm in transition between being a member of the Active and Alumnae Chapters. I'm always up to something...whether it's helping Artimis with web pages, working on National Goals, helping out the Active Chapter, or (always my favorite) informing all and sundry about Alpha Sigma Kappa -- Women in Technical Studies.

(And you wonder why I'm on these pages so much! )
Old 06-28-2000, 10:59 AM

I serve as Division Vice President with responsibility for two chapters locally. Also, recently helped start a local alumni chapter.

It's great.

I'll be serving on a national committee at our international conference in August.
Old 08-17-2000, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gizmo
I am a new alumnae member (as of May 2000) who has gone directly in to the Vice President position for our alumnae chapter. My responsibilities as VP are to promote sisterhood (and communication in general) between the actives and the alumnae. So this entire forum is excellent for me!
Old 08-17-2000, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Thumbs up

I graduated in 1999

I just joined an alumni chapter-- it's an "e-chapter" for those of us who don't live near physical alumni chapters. (It was just chartered a few weeks ago at our National Convention!)

I was also one of the chapter's voting delegates at Convention.

I have been working on re-establishing the alum chapter that used to be in this area (although haven't had much luck .. yet. Hoping the cyber chapter helps get more folks interested).

At this year's National Convention I was also elected to serve as our National Editor (which is also one of our National Council positions).

And I design and maintain my former chapter's website (hit the link in my signature!)

------------------
SilverTurtle@greekchat.com
Phi Beta Fraternity
Phi chapter

[This message has been edited by SilverTurtle (edited August 17, 2000).]
Old 10-27-2000, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I currently serve as the Collegiate Membership Coordinator for the Northeast Region. Which means I track the rushing strength of the 18 chapters in the NE.

Also I was recently appointed to chair a national committee on rush tools/resources.

I also help a local chapter out a lot (feels like I am their Chapter Advisor even though I am not)

Stacey
Alpha Phi
Old 10-31-2000, 06:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I currently serve as the president of the Metro Washington DC alumnae chapter. I was also just given a national officer position as the Marketing Chairwoman...I am very excited and look forward to many more years serving my sorority...

------------------
"Ass" is my fave word!