GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,632
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, damastopy6073
» Online Users: 2,492
2 members and 2,490 guests
JayhawkAOII, Tridentia

Old 02-10-2004, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Safety Chip for your children

I got this from another listserve. Russ Parr no longer comes on in Charlotte.

On the Russ Parr Morning Show, they asked listeners if there was the technology to place a chip (or something like that) in your child so in the event of an abduction you would be able to track and locate them, would you have the chip placed in your child? One listener likened it to the car lowjack that some car owners use to locate their stolen vehicles.

We all know that children are abducted everyday and most are never found or end up like the little 11 year old girl in FL.

What if the chip was painless & posed no health threat?

So, whether you're a parent now or plan on becoming one or never plan on becoming one, would you do it?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Nuevo Jersey...all the time wishing that I was in Puerto Rico!!!
Red face

Wow CT4!!! You always find a thought provoking topic. Well....I am the mother of a 5yr. old son. He is my air...my reason for living. If anything was to happen to him.....let's just say that I would stop functioning like a normal person. However, I have mixed feelings about this. I would love to have a chip placed on my son so that I could know where he is was at all times....that would help me worry a little bit less. But, then I worry about how he will feel as he gets older. Will he resent me for doing it??? What about his privacy as an adult???? Would this be a way for others (police, army etc.) to keep track of him too??? The jury is still out on this one for me!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Safety Chip for your children

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4

So, whether you're a parent now or plan on becoming one or never plan on becoming one, would you do it?[/i]
[/B]
I would really have to think hard about that. My DOG has a chip and even though we consider her our "first child" it's different with your own flesh and blood.

I'll get back to ya...

If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me. Deuteronomy 4:29