GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,631
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, femiwo5045
» Online Users: 2,357
2 members and 2,355 guests
KatieKate1244, naraht

Old 05-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
New Chip Implanted Under The Skin To Replace Credit Cards?

Quote:
New Chip Implanted Under The Skin To Replace Credit Cards?

Applied Digital Solutions, a US based company has made a new chip called 'VeriChip' which is a Radio Frequency Identification chip which when scanned can deduct money from your bank account.

A Spanish nightclub which is having implant nights on Tuesday's will be the first to use the chip, giving clubbers the chance to pay for drinks and admission and not have to wait in a queue.

The chip doesn't have to be implanted just into the hand, but the chip can be injected into any other part of the body that is able to be flashed in front of the scanner.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_958267.html?menu=
Dunno how accurate the story is.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via AIM to PhiPsiRuss Send a message via Yahoo to PhiPsiRuss
Right. And they're going to tattoo bar codes to our foreheads.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

That just freaks me out.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

And what's to keep someone with their own hacked scanner from walking next to you and emptying your bank account? I just don't like it.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-19-2004, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
And what's to keep someone with their own hacked scanner from walking next to you and emptying your bank account? I just don't like it.

Hahahaha, that's kind of funny, but nt good.

Yeah this as all the making of a bad idea.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
That just seems too Big Brother/Brave New World for me. I'd like to remain as anonymous as possible when it comes to my personal identifiable information. Technology is great, but even good things can go too far.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
From Revelations:

Edited to add: So yeah, it will be a cold day in hell before I get that mark lol.

" And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. "
Old 05-19-2004, 11:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
So this chip could be the "mark of the beast"? Interesting...
Old 05-19-2004, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for finding that... was about to go get my Bible to see where it said something about it.

Quote:
Originally posted by James
From Revelations:

Edited to add: So yeah, it will be a cold day in hell before I get that mark lol.

" And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. "
Old 05-20-2004, 02:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I wonder if this actually will prevent or at least reduce identity thief. Still, it is creepy!

The Trolls have taken over the Asylum!
Old 05-20-2004, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Identity theft would get a lot messier...
Old 05-20-2004, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid
Identity theft would get a lot messier...
Yeah, it certainly would.....ouch.......
Old 05-20-2004, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
honestly- i'm not surprised that companies are suggesting it- in london- there are cameras on every corner- and practically every building- there are always people watching everywhere...ads all over- i woulnd't be surprised if we were living in a minority report like world soon enough....
Old 05-20-2004, 03:28 PM
Banned

I dont like it.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay but who is the Anti Christ? Is it Bill Gates or Prince Charles? And also, in that book of Revlations, weren't there three of them? The Beast, The AntiChrist, and um...Satan I guess, who knows? In an interesting side note, all hebrew letters are given numerical values. If you add up the letters that spell "Jesus" , you get 666.

All hail the New World Order.