GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,555
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annetausasdy968
» Online Users: 2,160
2 members and 2,158 guests
archeltopz8346, FrankJScott

Old 04-14-2022, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Mad Dad

My daughter who is attending a college in New Jersey joined Sigma Sigma Sigma when she was living on campus. I am her father. I am disabled. She had to stop living on campus because unfortunately I am no longer able to afford it. She wants to resign from the sorority because she can no longer afford the monthly dues, she's not living on campus anymore and has to work part time to afford to attend college. They are making it VERY difficult for her and want to drag it out. I,being her father am very upset about this since it's not really her fault because of MY financial situation. Any options I would greatly appreciate.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-14-2022, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Your daughter needs to speak with the chapter president and a chapter advisor. The next step would be for her to call the sorority headquarters. I've never heard of a sorority not allowing a member to resign her membership. She may have outstanding financial obligations that need to be satisfied. Frankly, this is between her and the organization.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I am an alumnae of Tri Sigma and a current Chapter Advisor (not of your daughter's chapter). If she wants to terminate, tell her to log into Sigma Connect and fill out the termination link that is in there. Then it will be processed at NHQ. But she can absolutely apply for termination. If she does have financial obligations and dues are still owed, she will have to pay that off. Hope this helps. Best of luck to your daughter!
Old 04-14-2022, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you

I just talked with my daughter and she will try this when she gets home. Thank you very much for the answers.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Mad Dad - Does she truly want to resign, or is she looking for an alternative and to remain in the sorority? If it's the latter, I would encourage her to talk to the President of the chapter about any alternatives when it comes to payment (pay plan, deferred payments, etc.). If that goes nowhere, she should go to an advisor and escalate it from there, if need be.

Perhaps the chapter is dragging it out because they value her as a member and want her to stay? Of course, I'm just speculating.

However, if it's truly her desire to resign, she should take the courses of action above.

@~/~~~~
Old 04-14-2022, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangisj View Post
I am an alumnae of Tri Sigma and a current Chapter Advisor (not of your daughter's chapter). If she wants to terminate, tell her to log into Sigma Connect and fill out the termination link that is in there. Then it will be processed at NHQ. But she can absolutely apply for termination. If she does have financial obligations and dues are still owed, she will have to pay that off. Hope this helps. Best of luck to your daughter!
Both my daughter and I both looked and there is no where that we can see that has a termination link. Is it possible that it's somewhere else? Thanks in advance
Old 04-14-2022, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Mad Dad - Does she truly want to resign, or is she looking for an alternative and to remain in the sorority? If it's the latter, I would encourage her to talk to the President of the chapter about any alternatives when it comes to payment (pay plan, deferred payments, etc.). If that goes nowhere, she should go to an advisor and escalate it from there, if need be.

Perhaps the chapter is dragging it out because they value her as a member and want her to stay? Of course, I'm just speculating.

However, if it's truly her desire to resign, she should take the courses of action above.
Yes she wants to resign. She's not living on campus and is not involved with anything at the school. This is all because my workers comp.settlement has been delayed repeatedly and she nor I have the $$$. I feel bad but they are just being very difficult letting her resign.
Old 04-16-2022, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Has she reached out to her chapter advisor (ordinarily an alumna of the sorority)? Usually advisors will be better versed in the rules, regulations, and requirements on the national level.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
Yes she wants to resign. She's not living on campus and is not involved with anything at the school. This is all because my workers comp.settlement has been delayed repeatedly and she nor I have the $$$. I feel bad but they are just being very difficult letting her resign.
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "being very difficult"?? We can't really help direct you properly without understanding what the problem is.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Both my daughter and I both looked and there is no where that we can see that has a termination link. Is it possible that it's somewhere else? Thanks in advance
It apparently is in the Member only part of the web site. Has she logged in as a member?
Old 04-16-2022, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

When you click/touch the Main Menu tab of the www.trisigma.org site, it shows a Sigma Connect listing which you touch/click to get to the member sign-in page. If she's uninitiated, maybe she can't log-in.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
It apparently is in the Member only part of the web site. Has she logged in as a member?
Yes she has. I was watching her. We both do not see any termination link. We are trying and looking around the website but we don't see it.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
When you click/touch the Main Menu tab of the www.trisigma.org site, it shows a Sigma Connect listing which you touch/click to get to the member sign-in page. If she's uninitiated, maybe she can't log-in.
She's still a member and can sign in. We must be looking in the wrong place.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you to everyone trying to help us. We both appreciate the effort of everyone.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She's still a member and can sign in. We must be looking in the wrong place.
Is she an INITIATED member?? That will make a difference in what she can access on line.