GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,647
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Rachiokzo
» Online Users: 1,638
2 members and 1,636 guests
Phrozen Sands, Tridentia

Old 08-04-2001, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I think Leslie has pretty much summed up what most girls think/feel and why. The fact is we do look for "relationships" in college. At my college, it seems as though your junior and senior year is the time to "settle down." In fact, I can't even count all of my sisters that have gotten engaged in the past 2 years...it's crazy. In fact, I know when I return to school we'll probably be having a candlelighting for someone's engagement...it's expected! We go to school, get engaged, graduate and then get married...atleast most of us (I'll probably be an exception). =)

Kevin- by the way, I personally don't think anyone can be too nice...I see you as sincere (from your comments). And I would have to say that it's nice...because it's rare (atleast from my experiences). So, keep it up!

------------------
Whitney
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-04-2001, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

U of I SK, Thanks, that was very sweet of you. Its nice to see that I'm not alone on this.

Whitney, Thanks for the kind words too and the support. I hear what your saying and I'll remember that. I guess part of who I am is just how I was raised.

Kevin
Old 08-05-2001, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't read the whole thread yet but I just had to put in my thoughts real quick before I forget them.
First of all I hardly know any fraternity guys. I know it's terrible to stereotype so I will try not to do that. But for the most part...I think the ones I DO know are players. I have been fawning over a Sig Ep for a year now. It started as a love-hate relationship that was primarily based off the fact that our former high schools were rivals in football.
Funny, but one night he and I were alone when he started to make his move to kiss me and we were interupted. Well ever since, and that was in like March, he talks about it. I'm like thinking to myself...why don't you ask me out then. But NO. Instead he pops up online and will chat and stuff and be all like HEY LETS GO OUT, and then the next time he's online he won't say but two words to me. I've tried being just blunt about my feelings and then I've tried playing hard to get. So I think he's just a typical GUY and the fact that he's in a fraternity just makes it that much more amusing.
Now to the funniest part. My father, who was a Sig Ep, kinda backs up my statement that fraternity guys are players because when he was in college he was dating three girls at the same time...ONE of them being my MOTHER. I couldn't believe it when she told me the story. It didn't piss her off...she just laughs and said she won the prize. I guess she's a lot more forgiving than I would have been. Oh well. That's all I know and I'm sure the same could be said about sorority girls.
Old 08-05-2001, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412:
ha ha I think its GUYS in general, not just college guys. They act like they like you and then they freak out. I give up. LOL
AMEN SISTER AMYCAT
Old 08-05-2001, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone....

I saw this article in USA Today recently, and was thrilled to pieces that it was still online... It just talks about the social phenomena that is the non-existent dating scene in college.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/healths...women-usat.htm

Hopefully that link will work ok, I'm still new to these boards. I agree with some thoughts in the article. After a year of college, I really wish there was something in between the random hookup and an intense relationship. As far as I've seen so far, there is very little middle ground. This topic implies that I won't see much different when I go greek this fall.

Anyways, interesting topic, and I hope you like the article...

Molly
Old 09-30-2001, 03:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
WOW...what a topic...what generalizations and stereotypes.

This goes like every other thing..how can you blame the whole for the actions of a few? I am constantly hearing how a lot of college girls think that college guys don't want relationships. Hell, until recetly, I was in a very long relationship.....trust me..many guys want relationships....just as many girls do..at the same time...some don't...as some girls don't. It comes and it goes.....and somtimes someone may not be looking in the right place....and if someone is looking primarily at fraternity guys because of their "looks" "money" "connections" and whatnot....someone may be making a big mistake...Not all frat guys are the same...and in that aspect..not all college guys are the same....maybe it is time to throw in the towel and get passed the looks and money...two things that aren't everything....and in the end..they mean almost nothing...

d
Old 09-30-2001, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Saying that all frat guys are bad at relationships is like saying that all sorority girls are stuck up/ spoiled/ sluts, etc. It's just not true. Although their perspective on relationships may be somewhat influenced by being in a frat, not every frat guy is a player. I think some guys in general (frat or no) are just bad at relationships, just like some girls in general are bad at relationships. My ex was really bad at relationships( hence the term "ex" ), but I've been dating one of his fraternity brothers for 3 1/2 years now, and he was never a player/ asshole/ bad at relationships. I think that you'll always find guys who are jerks-they may be a frat boy, and they may not-but you'll also always find guys that are awesome!
Old 10-01-2001, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
It's simple really...if the guy likes you enough he will commit. If he doesn't, he will keep you around as a back-up.

This is not shady at all. If you will put up with being second string, it is your own damn fault.

Besides, girls do it just as often.
Old 10-01-2001, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
OMG....DeltaBetaBaby...I shall worship you forever....It could not have been said better.....so so true.....

d
Old 10-01-2001, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
DeltaBetaBaby~ That is so true! I have seen it happen so many times and sometimes us girls can be so blind and we don't even realize we're the second string! Its happening to a friend of mine right now and she doesnt even realize it. The way I see it If a guy is truly interested he'll come to you and if not oh well move on and have fun with the rest of your life!!

Nichole