GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,689
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, juliashulez2596
» Online Users: 1,118
0 members and 1,118 guests
No Members online

Old 01-23-2007, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush video ideas

As a new brother of Phi Gamma Delta, I decided I could put my skills as a moviemaker to use. Does anyone have some good ideas for a rush video? I have a limited amount of usable footage for actual video, but I was thinking of using a few quotes and pictures to make up for it.

I above all, do not want it to look cheesy.

any ideas?

Proud to be a FIJI!

Perge!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-10-2007, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

RUSH VIDEO IDEAS

Hutto,

As a Fiji advisor, I have seen some good and bad rush videos, and I'll share the scenes included in the good ones. First of all, consider when you will use it. Is for a presentation during rush sign-up, or will it be shown during a function at the house?

The best ones I have seen show chapter brothers doing what they should be doing--enjoying the company of each other and their own brotherhood. Some scenes to consider: studying together in a room setting or in a computer setting; just "hanging out" during a campus event: sports event, Greek event, trade party, etc.; having fun at your house or lodge; watching TV together; playing basketball or football; pitching horseshoes, etc.; together with dates at a dance or party; sitting around visiting or eating pizza at the house; and others

Avoid: intense partying scenes; alcohol scenes; group shots showing nothing in particular going on

Your goal is to portray the joy of fraternity life to rushees, so show it at its best. Sure, you may party and consume some alcohol, but that is not the major part of your brotherhood (hopefully!), so let them experience that later on. IF YOU SHOW BROTHERS ENJOYING EACH OTHER'S COMPANY, RUSHEES WILL WANT TO BE A PART OF THAT! Don't pose every shot, but take enough that you can have several to choose from to get some that look "natural" and where you can see facial expressions.

Good luck, and I hope this helps you out with your video.