GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,667
Threads: 115,521
Welcome to our newest member, Dysonqhl
» Online Users: 967
1 members and 966 guests
g41965

Old 04-06-2001, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Post inexpensive lavalieres

I was just found this website that has drop lavaliere's for cheap, because they overstocked them. I know I paid almost Thirty for my little's lavilere---I wish I had seen this sooner. www.mascotsandmemories.com
Only catch they don't have every organization, yet....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-27-2001, 02:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Even better prices on lavaliers

I found even better prices (regular not even sale price) on sterling silver lavaliers at GreekGiftsEtc.com. They carry all the sororities and fraternities and locals too! Check it out!
Old 09-27-2001, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Also uniquelygreek has very good prices for lavaliers, we use them quite often
DGPhoney~
Old 09-27-2001, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Becareful with the cheap ones don't want your gf's neck to turn green.
Old 12-10-2001, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

surprisingly, there are different quality lavaliers--

I insisted on choosing exactly which one I wanted. There were 2- they had a $10 difference- and the cheaper one had these bulky, "I made these at my garage" type letters...the other one was "crisp" and looked like quality. It's been over a year and I'm glad I chose the one I did!
Old 12-18-2001, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
There is a new site up and I absolutely love the lady who owns it. She owns a greek shop in Houston and she also owns Hair Spa which is a salon near Sugarland in SW Houston. I highly recommend that you give her site a try, since it is new and she is cool!!!!!! www.joetoga.com
Old 12-31-2001, 03:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Even better prices on lavaliers

Quote:
Originally posted by RTZTAS
I found even better prices (regular not even sale price) on sterling silver lavaliers at GreekGiftsEtc.com. They carry all the sororities and fraternities and locals too! Check it out!
I just bought some lavaliers at this site...let's hope they're decent. I always get nervous about online shopping and giving my credit card number.
Old 01-25-2002, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
Re: Re: Even better prices on lavaliers

Quote:
Originally posted by pbpck

I just bought some lavaliers at this site...let's hope they're decent. I always get nervous about online shopping and giving my credit card number.
How did this turn out for you? Did you buy the "jumbo" ones, or the regular size? And how big exactly did they turn out? thanks!
Old 01-25-2002, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never seen a "jumbo" lavalier (?)
Old 01-25-2002, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
it's just a larger sized lavalier, I assume...at GreekGiftsEtc.com which Pbpck said she ordered from, they offer them:

http://greekgifts.safeshopper.com/4/122.htm?280
Old 02-11-2002, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zntke711
Becareful with the cheap ones don't want your gf's neck to turn green.
zntke711 and others,

We carry sterling silver lavaliers and keep our prices very low. To dispel any myths out there, sterling silver does not turn skin green no matter how little you paid for it. Gold plated jewelry does. We don't carry gold-plated lavaliers, just sterling silver, 10K gold and 14K gold. The reason why there is a difference in price in the sterling silver lavaliers is due to the process in making them.

There are basically two major manufacturers of silver lavaliers for GLOs. One manufacturer pours the liquid sterling silver into a lavalier mold and allows it to cool. The other manufacturer does the same, but then hand polishes each piece so that it has a crisp edge. The second manufacturer has higher prices due to the extra process involved and this extra cost is passed along to the customer, hence $10-$15 difference between a lavalier that originated from manufacturer #1 and one from manufacturer #2.

We do business with both manufacturers but purchase our lavaliers from the first one I mentioned. We find they can turn orders around more quickly and can offer a better value. They also have a low initial cost for custom lavaliers, so that we can serve the locals, regionals and non-conference nationals. I understand that some may not like the rounded edges of a poured piece of jewelry, but then there are some customers who are just looking for the best price. Our lavaliers are quality 925 sterling silver so there is nothing inferior about them, but we choose to market to those of you looking for the best price on a quality piece of jewelry. I can tell you that each year our silver lavaliers outsell all other products we carry by a long-shot so obviously the greek world has accepted them. Some other retailers choose to carry the hand polished lavaliers. Obviously everyone has their own choices to make based on what they are looking for.

I should mention that if you find a better price for a sterling silver lavalier at another store and we can verify it online, we will meet or beat the price or we will give you $10.

Katherine Williams, owner
Greek Gifts, Etc.