GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,647
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Rachiokzo
» Online Users: 1,805
2 members and 1,803 guests
Phrozen Sands, Tridentia

Old 06-25-2009, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I was wondering about this. My sister transferred from a very good school with no Greek life, to a school with a pretty competitive Greek Life. She was told there was different quotas from freshman and everyone else (she is a sophomore). I had never heard of it so I thought it wasn't true. I hope it is because my sister would so love to go greek, this might help her chances. I've been afraid to send her references or anything because I was told at this school being a Legacy would really hurt her chances, even with great references.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-25-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta_heart View Post
I was wondering about this. My sister transferred from a very good school with no Greek life, to a school with a pretty competitive Greek Life. She was told there was different quotas from freshman and everyone else (she is a sophomore). I had never heard of it so I thought it wasn't true. I hope it is because my sister would so love to go greek, this might help her chances. I've been afraid to send her references or anything because I was told at this school being a Legacy would really hurt her chances, even with great references.
Junior quota does exist, but not every school uses it. Her Greek Life Office would know. Also, if there is a junior quota in place, it typically only allows for a handful of juniors, not as much as "regular" quota obviously.

Lakers Nation.